The Student Room Group

Non fault accident involving 3 cars

I was on main road at speed of 25mph, and a car pulled out of a side road and hit the right passenger door, which caused me to loose control and hit oncoming traffic car, scraping it's right wing. I passed last year and I'm 18 years old driving a vw polo, i currently pay 2.5k a year on insurance with a black box and this was a non-fault accident but due to this accident/ car that hit me, i hit another car/oncoming car in opposite direction. Can someone please tell me what's going to happen at renewal, in regards to black box, ncb, and annual insurance cost. Please let me know, thanks
It’s going to go up definitely, no doubt about it. It will more likely triple In cost as you have claimed on your insurance
Reply 2
Original post by MittyAhm3d
I was on main road at speed of 25mph, and a car pulled out of a side road and hit the right passenger door, which caused me to loose control and hit oncoming traffic car, scraping it's right wing. I passed last year and I'm 18 years old driving a vw polo, i currently pay 2.5k a year on insurance with a black box and this was a non-fault accident but due to this accident/ car that hit me, i hit another car/oncoming car in opposite direction. Can someone please tell me what's going to happen at renewal, in regards to black box, ncb, and annual insurance cost. Please let me know, thanks

No, we can't tell you.
Reply 3
It's incredibly difficult to say. You may be found partly at fault for hitting the other car if they deem that you could have feasibly avoided it.

Your insurance will most likely go up next year because of a claim on your history (regardless of fault) but that's just the way insurance companies work. The amount it goes up will be dependent on whether you were found (partially) at fault or not at all.

Do you have a dashcam? If not then this should be your wake up call to get one. It makes it so much easier for insurance companies to assign blame and sort things out much more quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest