I’m not coping since exams have been cancelled...

Watch
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lmao yall need to shut up... alevel exams were traumatising anyway. Be grateful.
I think you’re forgetting some people have put in so much work and worked hard to get where they are these alevels although stressful were a chance to not only prove to others but also prove to themselves that they can do this! I’m sorry but I’m all honesty I feel like these past two years have been worthless and My chances of getting to my dream uni have been jeopardized. I know it sounds selfish there r people dying and I’m banging on about exams but it’s how people feel. Honestly I’m just gutted
Anonymous #6
Report 1 week ago
I think you’re forgetting some people have put in so much work and worked hard to get where they are these alevels although stressful were a chance to not only prove to others but also prove to themselves that they can do this! I’m sorry but I’m all honesty I feel like these past two years have been worthless and My chances of getting to my dream uni have been jeopardized. I know it sounds selfish there r people dying and I’m banging on about exams but it’s how people feel. Honestly I’m just gutted
Honestly do feel for some of you, I worked my ass off in alevels and to find out my work wouldn’t be needed would actually kill me. But if anything you know it’s not your fault!!!
Anonymous #6
Report 1 week ago
Are you in year 13? I really don't think so.
Been through alevels a while ago now
Anonymous #7
Report 1 week ago
Been through alevels a while ago now
then shut your mouth
Anonymous #6
Report 1 week ago
then shut your mouth
You too
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel really bad for everyone in this position it's always a weird feeling when your exams are over and you have the 100 to 0 feeling of everything slowing down so this must be much weirder as you havent actually done the exams.
Especially with the new linear a-levels it's two years worth of work that has been put into question at the last minute, i feel for everyone who has put all their energy and efforts into revision and work only for this to happen at the 11th hour.
People making insensitive remarks should do well to remember that at one point they were doing their exams and how would this feel if this had happened to them during that time. Nobody likes doing exams but plenty of people were approaching the point where they felt ready for them and that all their hard work has gone to waste.
TSR has a forum here that is worth keeping up with for those in this position, best of luck everyone :grouphugs:
Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
I feel the exact same- there's nothing for me to actively work towards anymore. I feel so lost. Plus, it doesn't help that there's so much uncertainty about the A level exams and how we're actually going to be graded. To pass the time 'productively', I've been reading books, painting and doing chores around the house during the day and in the evening I watch Netflix and play Sims lmao. I've found that it also helps if you do something active like yoga or go for walks.
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by QueenDolly002)
I’m currently in year 13 so would have been taking my a-levels this May 2020, which have since been cancelled. Ever since, I’ve just been feeling kind of... empty. I’ve had so many long days of staying late to work, enjoying the feeling that I’m making progress and feeling like I’m doing everything I can for these exams, like I’m really really working towards something. I sort of enjoyed the constant headaches and tiredness, and I think I must be someone that thrives under stress or something. Now I don’t have anything I’m working towards, for the first time in so long, I got home today at 3pm and just sat in bed, played games and watched tv like I hadn’t done in so long. It was okay, but it’s something I would have really enjoyed doing if I was only allowed to do it for a few hours every evening, but now that I can do it as much as I want, I can’t enjoy doing any of the things I used to anymore. I just feel like everything is pointless and there’s no way out of feeling this way. Because I’ll have so much free time now, there’s nothing special about it. Even if I were able to work (I work at the airport and my hours are cut - I don’t think I’ll be returning to work for a while) it wouldn’t fill the gap inside me that the motivation to revise and get good grades did. I need something to looming over me in the future, even back in year 12 it was “okay, when is the next set of mocks?” and always having that current goal in mind which would get replaced (With more mocks/tests/assessments) every time I got past it. This is the first time in so long I just have... nothing at all. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just a crazy neek??
My heart really does go out to you. I do know exactly what you mean, as I've previously tutored students who have put their heart and soul into their A-levels. I remember one young lady who when we looked over her work had made silly mistakes only because she had tired herself out with all her studying. And another told me that the only thing that put a smile on her face was the sight of her puppy's ears flapping as he ran. I've currently got a girl who has been doing two 1.5 hour sessions a week with me, and all her hard work is really paying off. What's been done to so many good hardworking students is absolutely heartbreaking. I imagine there are many mums and dads crying themselves to sleep as they watch what Boris is putting their kids through. I'm sorry for the misery this shameful cancellation is causing you and so many others.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by QueenDolly002)
I’m currently in year 13 so would have been taking my a-levels this May 2020, which have since been cancelled. Ever since, I’ve just been feeling kind of... empty. I’ve had so many long days of staying late to work, enjoying the feeling that I’m making progress and feeling like I’m doing everything I can for these exams, like I’m really really working towards something. I sort of enjoyed the constant headaches and tiredness, and I think I must be someone that thrives under stress or something. Now I don’t have anything I’m working towards, for the first time in so long, I got home today at 3pm and just sat in bed, played games and watched tv like I hadn’t done in so long. It was okay, but it’s something I would have really enjoyed doing if I was only allowed to do it for a few hours every evening, but now that I can do it as much as I want, I can’t enjoy doing any of the things I used to anymore. I just feel like everything is pointless and there’s no way out of feeling this way. Because I’ll have so much free time now, there’s nothing special about it. Even if I were able to work (I work at the airport and my hours are cut - I don’t think I’ll be returning to work for a while) it wouldn’t fill the gap inside me that the motivation to revise and get good grades did. I need something to looming over me in the future, even back in year 12 it was “okay, when is the next set of mocks?” and always having that current goal in mind which would get replaced (With more mocks/tests/assessments) every time I got past it. This is the first time in so long I just have... nothing at all. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just a crazy neek??
Normal. Give it 1-2 weeks, but you will soon adjust. Sleep, eat and chat with friends.
Hardly the worst situation on the world to be in.

This is an extreme situation. maybe you could do something like volunteer or check if your elderly neighbours need any shopping?
Fermion.
Report 1 week ago
Ignore everyone who’s telling you to get over it. I feel the exact same as you and I am a university student. Our exams have been moved online but I feel like it’s just to tick a box rather than do any exams as they aren’t regulated or anything. The NHS are recruiting just now, maybe you could apply there and have a sense of goal and feel like you’re helping somebody. You could even start studying next years content. Learn a language or something and set yourself a goal. What I’ve been doing is setting an alarm and waking up the same time I usually do, taking a shower and “getting ready” for the day ahead and then try to get some studying done. Then in the evening I change into my pajamas and try and chill. It will give you a sense of routine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads