The Student Room Group

S6 Last Day of School

Don't think anyone would have guessed at the start of the school year that this would happen :no:

Leaving school can be hard, it can be sad, but it can also be a lovely celebration of your time in school.

What did you/your friends/your school do today for the last day?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
We had a maths mock exam first thing, which kind of sucked but you know- it's extra evidence to go towards our grades. Then we had an assembly and our head of year did a poem/rap about us and it sounds really cringey but it was actually really funny and cool because he's so down to earth. We did signing shirts and pictures and everything, and had an hour lunch instead of half an hour. It wasn't a very eventful/ special last day but considering the abruptness of it, it wasn't half bad :smile:

What did you do?
Reply 2
I didn't even get to say a proper goodbye to my friends or teachers, it might not be that deep for them but I don't know why that is bothering me right now. Hopefully I am able to go back and see them again and do things properly but I doubt it :frown:.
Original post by LJ234
We had a maths mock exam first thing, which kind of sucked but you know- it's extra evidence to go towards our grades. Then we had an assembly and our head of year did a poem/rap about us and it sounds really cringey but it was actually really funny and cool because he's so down to earth. We did signing shirts and pictures and everything, and had an hour lunch instead of half an hour. It wasn't a very eventful/ special last day but considering the abruptness of it, it wasn't half bad :smile:

What did you do?

Aw, that's a bit rubbish :s-smilie:

That's good they were able to do at least some of the usual things, and a rap - I'm impressed! :eek:
Original post by burnout7
I didn't even get to say a proper goodbye to my friends or teachers, it might not be that deep for them but I don't know why that is bothering me right now. Hopefully I am able to go back and see them again and do things properly but I doubt it :frown:.

:console:
Aw, sorry to hear this :frown:

I know that some schools have said that their S6s will still get all the usual send off things, just at a later date...You could maybe see if your school will plan anything similar? It's definitely tough though for it to be so abrupt for everyone :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest