Which one is better? St Andrews(HCI course) or Loughborough(UX course)

Watch
UXD_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I'm an international student who got offers from St Andrews and Loughborough University. After graduating from a master's degree, I want to work as a UX designer in England.

What I want to ask is, which course is more famous in UX design? Plus, which one is better known in England?
- St Andrews, Human-Computer Interaction MSc
- Loughborough, User Experience Design MA

I know that the two courses have different strength, but which one is a better choice when I consider getting a job in the UK? Since I haven't take any computer science classes when I was a university student, going to the UX course would be an easier choice for me than the HCI.
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by UXD_)
Hello, I'm an international student who got offers from St Andrews and Loughborough University. After graduating from a master's degree, I want to work as a UX designer in England.

What I want to ask is, which course is more famous in UX design? Plus, which one is better known in England?

I know that the two courses have different strength, but which one is a better choice when I consider getting a job in the UK? Since I haven't take any computer science classes when I was a university student, going to the UX course would be an easier choice for me than the HCI.
Hi UXD_,

Apologies for the delay in responding I was seeking a response from our academics. This is what they had to say regarding your query:

'The Loughborough UXD MA programme is known worldwide for producing highly employable graduates. All modules help the students create a UX design portfolio and the course uses it’s close links with the UX Design industry, both in the UK and internationally, to make sure the all modules prepare students for graduate roles as UX designers, UX researchers, interaction designers and service designers.'

I hope this helps and any further questions feel free to ask away.
Best Wishes,
Emily
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by UXD_)

they both sound extremely nichey, so i'd go with the course that appeals to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads