Chinese state continues pushing conspiracy blaming US for coronavirus

Watch
comradev
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
By any chance are you a paid up member of the CCP? Or do you honestly believe that all these people put in concentration camps and the rest of the jail (gulag) system were religious extremists?
"What, you don't believe that the Chinese eat babies and commit genocide for fun? You must be a member of the CCP! The credible CIA man told me so!"
I swear you right-wingers think the world is some kind of Harry Potter novel, where the 'evil' countries do 'evil' things for no reason and the 'good' countries always do 'good' things.

No, I doubt all of them, or even a majority, were religious extremists. However, a sufficiently large part of them likely were for mass deradicalisation to be justified. Tell me, if religious extremism wasn't a problem in the region, why would China bother with tackling it?
Last edited by comradev; 5 days ago
Advertisement
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by comradev)
"What, you don't believe that the Chinese eat babies and commit genocide for fun? You must be a member of the CCP! The credible CIA man told me so!"
I swear you right-wingers think the world is some kind of Harry Potter novel, where the 'evil' countries do 'evil' things for no reason and the 'good' countries always do 'good' things.

No, I doubt all of them, or even a majority, were religious extremists. However, a sufficiently large part of them likely were for mass deradicalisation to be justified. Tell me, if religious extremism wasn't a problem in the region, why would China bother with tackling it?
I just can't believe you think its OK to mass imprison people without trial, and I know they haven't been charged but they are put into a prison like system with no trial. Its just astounding to me.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
I just can't believe you think its OK to mass imprison people without trial, and I know they haven't been charged but they are put into a prison like system with no trial. Its just astounding to me.
I am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on that matter, then. To me, this is not too dissimilar to a mandatory quarantine.
Advertisement
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on that matter, then. To me, this is not too dissimilar to a mandatory quarantine.
Except in quarentine you are not forced to be re educated and you get to stay in your house instead of a make shift labour camp.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Except in quarentine you are not forced to be re educated and you get to stay in your house instead of a make shift labour camp.
...unless you are suspected of carrying the virus, in which case you may be sent to a makeshift hospital and 'forced' to be treated
Advertisement
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
...unless you are suspected of carrying the virus, in which case you may be sent to a makeshift hospital and 'forced' to be treated
Better than a make shift prison or labour camp to have your religion taken from you into something they deem acceptable.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Better than a make shift prison or labour camp to have your religion taken from you into something they deem acceptable.
By 'deem acceptable' do you mean 'lacking genocidal tendencies against other Chinese'?
Advertisement
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Leave it to totalitarian bootlickers to compare individual beliefs to a virus that needs quarantining and eradication.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Leave it to totalitarian bootlickers to compare individual beliefs to a virus that needs quarantining and eradication.
Yes, because in both cases other people are endangered.
Advertisement
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
By 'deem acceptable' do you mean 'lacking genocidal tendencies against other Chinese'?
I wouldn't know what the Chinese deem acceptable, I'm not a dictatorship regime, controlled by cameras, painted as a free democracy.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I wouldn't know what the Chinese deem acceptable, I'm not a dictatorship regime, controlled by cameras, painted as a free democracy.
well mate I regret to inform you that you just described every bourgeois democracy
Advertisement
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
well mate I regret to inform you that you just described every bourgeois democracy
I guess but its more applicable to China then most.
Azurain
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Delete
Last edited by Azurain; 5 days ago
Advertisement
Aly Lim
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I know it’s really serious in Iran, China and Italy.
China and Iran have grudges with the US, but Italy and the US are good friends. It shouldn’t be the US’ fault. I’m not sure, but it’s just my opinion.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Yes, because in both cases other people are endangered.
So, by your own logic, the Chinese should be rounded up and quarantined for "re-education" because many of them didn't learn the lesson of the previous SARS epidemic. After all, it doesn't matter to you that a majority are not to blame, however, a sufficiently large part of them likely were for mass reeducation to be justified.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So, by your own logic, the Chinese should be rounded up and quarantined for "re-education" because many of them didn't learn the lesson of the previous SARS epidemic. After all, it doesn't matter to you that a majority are not to blame, however, a sufficiently large part of them likely were for mass reeducation to be justified.
Bad analogy. Hygiene can be taught peacefully as a preventative measure to epidemics, just like religion can be reformed peacefully as a preventative measure to extremism. People that are already sick need to be treated, just like people that are already extremists need to be re-educated. Extremism was already a huge problem in Xinjiang, and therefore the latter option applies.
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Bad analogy. Hygiene can be taught peacefully as a preventative measure to epidemics, just like religion can be reformed peacefully as a preventative measure to extremism. People that are already sick need to be treated, just like people that are already extremists need to be re-educated. Extremism was already a huge problem in Xinjiang, and therefore the latter option applies.
Was there any proof that these people detained by the Chinese authorities were already extremist? I thought, as you said it was a preventative measure
Advertisement
Ascend
Rep:
?
Obviously many in China, like in Wuhan, did not stop wet markets even after the previous SARS epidemic. This 'sickness' in thought and behaviour was not dealt with. And it has caused far more harm to people than any sort of extremism from Xinjiang.

Remember, you advocate not just for individual extremists but for mass incarceration to be justified even if the majority are not culpable.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Was there any proof that these people detained by the Chinese authorities were already extremist? I thought, as you said it was a preventative measure
If it was a preventative measure, then the same measures as the sinicization in other Chinese regions would be applied. They were detaining those that were deemed to have a high chance of already being extremists.
comradev
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Obviously many in China, like in Wuhan, did not stop wet markets even after the previous SARS epidemic. This 'sickness' in thought and behaviour was not dealt with. And it has caused far more harm to people than any sort of extremism from Xinjiang.

Remember, you advocate not just for individual extremists but for mass incarceration to be justified even if the majority are not culpable.
Mere 'thought' is not an immediate threat, and you can deal with it without detaining people (which is what sinicization in other parts of China is for). When extremists are already regularly killing people, you can't just deal with it through attempting to reform the local religion, much like when an epidemic is already spreading you can't just deal with it by putting up posters telling people to wash their hands and allowing life to go on as normal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads