The Student Room Group

I used to be the friend everyone liked, now I am the second option

During GCSE's I used to be the life of the party with my friendship group- but during A levels everyone disbanded and many people left the school or went into different friendship groups.
My school (an all girl's school), has a joint sixth form with a boy's school, so unlike most of my friends I went to the other sixth form and made a new friendship group with new girls and boys- and they are great, they really cherish me as a person, every time i go out they say that they are happy im here and im the life of the party, I rarely feel like the second option whlist im there
Whereas my first initial group only really see my value when im around my new friends, who some of them are friends with
I feel torn between myself, I cant seem to let go of my first group even though they treat me poorly
What should I do?
Accept that things move on with friends and it's normal, when groups split up and join new groups, that the new group of friends becomes more important generally. I'm not saying that very close friendships become unimportant, just that those made as a group will probably lose value a bit. Also, just appreciate having your own new group of close friends as well as the old ones, many people find it very hard to make friends at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Accept that things move on with friends and it's normal, when groups split up and join new groups, that the new group of friends becomes more important generally. I'm not saying that very close friendships become unimportant, just that those made as a group will probably lose value a bit. Also, just appreciate having your own new group of close friends as well as the old ones, many people find it very hard to make friends at all.

fair enough, thankyou- I know what you have just said is extremely true however, ts hard to come to terms with it

Quick Reply

Latest