Chelsea0110
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I was studying to be a primary teacher when I realised at this end of my second year I really didn’t want to be a teacher. In order to not lose all the student finance I’ve spent so far on getting a degree I was offered the opportunity to transfer to be a third year on an educational studies course as it was broader. What jobs can I get with this degree? I like working with children but not all the politics and paper work of being a teacher. Can I be a higher level TA with this degree? I’ve asked my university but due to the current situation it’s hard to get a straight answer from the right person straight away. Please help what jobs can I do with just this degree?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any job that requires a bachelors degree in anything like buisness management or law and etc
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Chelsea0110)
I was studying to be a primary teacher when I realised at this end of my second year I really didn’t want to be a teacher. In order to not lose all the student finance I’ve spent so far on getting a degree I was offered the opportunity to transfer to be a third year on an educational studies course as it was broader. What jobs can I get with this degree? I like working with children but not all the politics and paper work of being a teacher. Can I be a higher level TA with this degree? I’ve asked my university but due to the current situation it’s hard to get a straight answer from the right person straight away. Please help what jobs can I do with just this degree?
Hi Chelsea,

I don't have any specific answers for your I'm afraid, but you may find this TES article helpful Becoming a higher level teaching assistant. I predict it may be down to the individual employer as to whether they would employ you at an HLTA status, but it is certainly worth having that conversation with your local authority and your university as and when you are able. I recognise it's an extremely tricky period to get any answers at the moment, so I hope someone is able to give you a bit more guidance.

Best of luck,

Katrina
ILoveSunsets
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Chelsea0110)
Im studying early years education in the hopes of studying my pgce but throughout the course, I saw that you don't have to just focus on teaching. I've been able to do different placements working with children in schools, hospital and social care. I really liked it on the maternity ward caring for babies (feeding, changing nappy and supporting mother's) and doing a play assistant experience working in a children's hospital. You can also be a nursery nurse on a post natal ward working with mothers and babies and the degree gives you knowledge on child development which is great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads