How much has Covid-19 cost you so far?

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Be it in £ or as a percentage? I presume the good investors of TSR are feeling the pinch from this accursed lurgy.

Personally my stocks have taken one hell of a battering and are down about 35% over all - although i've stopped checking for my sanity :lol:
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Be it in £ or as a percentage? I presume the good investors of TSR are feeling the pinch from this accursed lurgy.

Personally my stocks have taken one hell of a battering and are down about 35% over all - although i've stopped checking for my sanity :lol:
About the same % here... :getmecoat:

Confident that things will smooth out in 40-50 odd years time when I retire :rofl: I'll continue buying into some index funds each month as usual :dontknow:
Trogloyte
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My hopes, my dreams, my friends, my future, my A levels and also my will to live
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
About the same % here... :getmecoat:

Confident that things will smooth out in 40-50 odd years time when I retire :rofl: I'll continue buying into some index funds each month as usual :dontknow:
Aye it would seem to be a buyers market now :lol: Although im hesitent to invest any more in the shares over here in New Zealand... i'm predicting they have a couple more cliffs to jump off before they go back up given the virus hasnt really hit here yet.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)

I haven't checked and I'm not going to. :laugh:
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
I haven't checked and I'm not going to. :laugh:
That's probably for the best :lol:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
That's probably for the best :lol:
Exactly :laugh: Mate, the way I'm trying to think of it is that they've weathered crashes before, and they'll weather this one. I'm not stupid enough to panic and try to sell stuff, so it's just a case of sitting tight, not looking at the FT and waiting for the storm to blow over. As you've said, it is a bit of a buying opportunity, but deciding what to buy is difficult
ebam_uk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Buying opportunity, as events only happen like this roughly 10 - 20 years if you look closely in history of stockmarket falls...
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Saving me a fortune now they've closed the boozers
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Aye it would seem to be a buyers market now :lol: Although im hesitent to invest any more in the shares over here in New Zealand... i'm predicting they have a couple more cliffs to jump off before they go back up given the virus hasnt really hit here yet.
PMI data due out at the start of April and May will be especially brutal i suspect so i'd look for a lower bottom then, market will then try find green shoots regardless of whether there are any on the basis of suspected vaccines or country x not doing as badly before the proper bottom that will occur in late July/early August when it has all started to pass but we get the full quarterly data from both governments and firms.

From September onwards through 2021 i would expect sharp rebounds even if not to pre-Covid levels.
Dcarefree
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
15k my overall shares have gone down, don’t plan on selling them anyway, still **** tho
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)

Me too. burying my head in the sand as I can't face the daily losses.
ReadingMum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pension has taken a bit of a hammering - has probably added a year to my early retirement date
angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've saved £5 a day on travel and probably another £5 a day on food.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's actually been a lot cheaper for me, I usually go to the bar every week so that's cut a lot off and since my fiance is the only one having to put up with my face, I've saved a fortune on makeup too.

I also no longer have to travel back and forth to London every few weeks.
Last edited by MidgetFever; 1 week ago
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
PMI data due out at the start of April and May will be especially brutal i suspect so i'd look for a lower bottom then, market will then try find green shoots regardless of whether there are any on the basis of suspected vaccines or country x not doing as badly before the proper bottom that will occur in late July/early August when it has all started to pass but we get the full quarterly data from both governments and firms.

From September onwards through 2021 i would expect sharp rebounds even if not to pre-Covid levels.
Yeah, I'm considering getting in around July time... also waiting to see if the gold/silver market becomes a bit less frothy before buying a stake in that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (323)
34.36%
No (617)
65.64%

Watched Threads