Mr Rob
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Afternoon all

Just wondering if I’m applying to start an apprenticeship degree, will I be required by any formal academic body to provide my GCSE certificates as proof? I no longer have them as it’s been so many years since doing them.

The company itself seems interested in me but I don’t know if I would NEED the certificates in order to start, as I wouldn’t want an unexpected barrier to appear down the line. If the company was happy not to have certificates would I be safe to proceed without that risk of being challenged by an assessing body? Forgive me I’m still learning how it all works.

In the meantime I am making enquiries into replacements.

Many thanks
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr Rob)
Afternoon all

Just wondering if I’m applying to start an apprenticeship degree, will I be required by any formal academic body to provide my GCSE certificates as proof? I no longer have them as it’s been so many years since doing them.

The company itself seems interested in me but I don’t know if I would NEED the certificates in order to start, as I wouldn’t want an unexpected barrier to appear down the line. If the company was happy not to have certificates would I be safe to proceed without that risk of being challenged by an assessing body? Forgive me I’m still learning how it all works.

Many thanks
Hi there,

Hoping I can help with your question.

It's quite possible that they will ask to see your certificates to prove the grades you achieved.

If you don't have them the college or training provider you would be enrolling with may be able to check your digital personal learning record if it has been updated with your GCSE grades. If not and they do need to see your certificates you will need to get in touch with examination boards you did your GCSEs through to request replacement certificates which hopefully they will be able to issue.

Best to check if you are offered the position with both the employer and the training provider about if they can access your personal learning record before paying for any replacement certificates.

I hope this helps - Sophie.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Afternoon all

Many thanks
Afternoon Mr Rob

Great to hear you're interested in apprenticeships! As has been advised above, you're probably best contacting the employer and asking them directly.

As it's been a while since you studied GCSE, have you gone on to undertake qualifications at a higher level? Depending on the structure of the company's application procedure, they may or may not focus more on the higher level qualifications. It's best to have a word with them if you can

Good luck with whatever you decide. Would love to know how you get on!
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Afternoon all

Many thanks
Any company requiring GCSE's will require proof of attainment. Try and contact the awarding body of your GCSE's or your prior school in order to obtain the results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (289)
34.2%
No (556)
65.8%

Watched Threads