How is a computer supposed to interpret my exam which includes an 8 marker question?

Watch
TB1511
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently sit my ICT BTEC exam and have gotten my result back after a few days. I am definitely not happy with my result as it is significantly lower than my mock result, yet i was just as confident when i walked out (i had revised a lot more for the real thing). I don't know why my result was so much lower (distinction in my mock to a level 2 pass in the actual thing) but the only difference between the exams were the way they were marked - somehow they can accurately mark all the questions with a computer script? I do not understand how a computer can accurately interpret and mark an 8 mark question at this day and age. I also cannot resit this exam because of the COVID-19 dilema.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TB1511)
I recently sit my ICT BTEC exam and have gotten my result back after a few days. I am definitely not happy with my result as it is significantly lower than my mock result, yet i was just as confident when i walked out (i had revised a lot more for the real thing). I don't know why my result was so much lower (distinction in my mock to a level 2 pass in the actual thing) but the only difference between the exams were the way they were marked - somehow they can accurately mark all the questions with a computer script? I do not understand how a computer can accurately interpret and mark an 8 mark question at this day and age. I also cannot resit this exam because of the COVID-19 dilema.
Hi,

Sorry to hear this, have you spoken to your college/sixth form about accessing your paper or even getting it remarked?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you sure that the exam was marked by computer? In most cases the work is sent to a real live person to mark - it's only things like multiple choice that are computer marked.

You can get a copy of your marked script back for free if you give your school permission to do this.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've also moved this to the BTEC thread for you
TB1511
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have. However, they said that they probably wont remark it as it is marked on a computer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads