Clw_300
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all,
My name is Chloe and I'm very interested in the above course at Lancaster next year. I've read a lot about the university and it sounds perfect. Can anybody who has studied this course let me know their feelings about it or any other insights please? My real passion is the Spanish side of it and I hope to achieve full fluency at the end of the course; I realise that this can be achieved during the 3rd year when I hope to get a work placement in a Spanish speaking country. Couple the Spanish studies with the management skills and it sounds like an excellent combination.

I'm also a bit lost as to what College to choose. I've read plenty of advice stating that I should make my choice based on accommodation type and location but I'm not really sure where the Spanish will be taught. I'm assuming the Management studies will be at the Management School but I've read different articles stating that the Spanish will be taught either in Bowland North or County Main. Can anybody shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance

Chloe.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bowland North and County Main are both at the more northern end of campus, so realistically any of the main campus colleges would be fine.
Clw_300
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you.

I think I'd fancy a Town house so I will look at which colleges offer those.

Thanks again

Chloe.
Advertisement
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Clw_300)
Thank you.

I think I'd fancy a Town house so I will look at which colleges offer those.

Thanks again

Chloe.
That would be County and Grizedale.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all,
My name is Chloe and I'm very interested in the above course at Lancaster next year. I've read a lot about the university and it sounds perfect. Can anybody who has studied this course let me know their feelings about it or any other insights please? My real passion is the Spanish side of it and I hope to achieve full fluency at the end of the course; I realise that this can be achieved during the 3rd year when I hope to get a work placement in a Spanish speaking country. Couple the Spanish studies with the management skills and it sounds like an excellent combination.

I'm also a bit lost as to what College to choose. I've read plenty of advice stating that I should make my choice based on accommodation type and location but I'm not really sure where the Spanish will be taught. I'm assuming the Management studies will be at the Management School but I've read different articles stating that the Spanish will be taught either in Bowland North or County Main. Can anybody shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance

Chloe.
Hi Chloe,

I did Spanish as a minor in first year so should be able to help.
In first year, the majority of subjects are taught all over campus. Management is a big course so it will not only be taught in Management School. You'll have lectures in North and South campus. Spanish is also taught all over the place - but from my experience it was mostly in North campus. However, if you haven't visited, the campus really isn't that big. Nowhere is further than 20 minutes from anything else.

College doesn't matter too much so by picking the accommodation you want, it'll narrow down some choices. Then I think it's best to decide if you want to be near the centre of campus (closer to library/lectures/etc. but could be nosier) or nearer the edge (quieter, perhaps 10 minutes versus 2 minutes to facilities, less noisy). You'll get two choices so don't need to decide exactly.

Let me know if you have anything else you need help with.
You can also use UniBuddy to chat to current Spanish/Management students: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/

Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Advertisement
Clw_300
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Chloe,

I did Spanish as a minor in first year so should be able to help.
In first year, the majority of subjects are taught all over campus. Management is a big course so it will not only be taught in Management School. You'll have lectures in North and South campus. Spanish is also taught all over the place - but from my experience it was mostly in North campus. However, if you haven't visited, the campus really isn't that big. Nowhere is further than 20 minutes from anything else.

College doesn't matter too much so by picking the accommodation you want, it'll narrow down some choices. Then I think it's best to decide if you want to be near the centre of campus (closer to library/lectures/etc. but could be nosier) or nearer the edge (quieter, perhaps 10 minutes versus 2 minutes to facilities, less noisy). You'll get two choices so don't need to decide exactly.

Let me know if you have anything else you need help with.
You can also use UniBuddy to chat to current Spanish/Management students: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/

Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank you Charlotte,

That has been a great help and I will certainly try to use the UniBuddy system.

Chloe.
Clw_300
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys

Does anybody have pictures (or direct me to where I can find them) of the Standard accommodation bathrooms at Lancaster please? I've searched the website and there aren't any.

Thanks

Chloe
Advertisement
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys

Does anybody have pictures (or direct me to where I can find them) of the Standard accommodation bathrooms at Lancaster please? I've searched the website and there aren't any.

Thanks

Chloe
Hi Chloe,
They tend to vary more than ensuite but you can see some in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUf93dP_0G0&t=139s
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (275)
34.08%
No (532)
65.92%

Watched Threads