Paisley99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My neighbours dogs are always whining. I did get a letter which was a noise journal from the council but I didn’t fill it in because it said I needed to record the noise for 14 days. Or maybe a polite word would do. I’m just terrified though as I don’t know what I’m going to say to them and my parents are no support. But basically they whine during the morning sometimes nights and whenever I open my window they Bark. 3 or 4 times I tried to tell the rspca but apparently it’s a noise problem not a animal in need problem.
JOSHKOIKKARA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I love animals, ofcourse, I do understand dogs emotions too. Dogs needs care and attention. They do howl when they are sad, depressed, hungry and lonely. When you open the window, if they bark at you means, they wish to convey something to you. Most probably it can be related to Hunger or Cleanliness.

Next time, dont worry about sound pollution, just open your window and check them out exactly when they start whining. If they stop whining and bark at you, they do have something to share/show you. So keep observing them for few seconds and let me know, the actions dog did. I think I can figure that out.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Paisley99)
My neighbours dogs are always whining. I did get a letter which was a noise journal from the council but I didn’t fill it in because it said I needed to record the noise for 14 days. Or maybe a polite word would do. I’m just terrified though as I don’t know what I’m going to say to them and my parents are no support. But basically they whine during the morning sometimes nights and whenever I open my window they Bark. 3 or 4 times I tried to tell the rspca but apparently it’s a noise problem not a animal in need problem.
Why did you not fill in the journal from the council? Seems like the best way forward to me.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do they not mean record in writing about the problem?
Paisley99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
Why did you not fill in the journal from the council? Seems like the best way forward to me.
Because I knew I wasn’t going to be at home for14 days and I’m a student. No one else in my family cares either. Also a bit of my own mental mindset played in this. I felt as though I need to talk to them myself and that it was wrong or mean to report them. I just saw the word polite note and thought the issue is me. However the truth is is that these people have no love for their dogs and I shouldn’t be asking people who I don’t know to look after these dogs as their crying has been so sad to me, as it would put me in a vulnerable situation.
Last edited by Paisley99; 1 week ago
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Do they not mean record in writing about the problem?
Yes but I haven’t been home for 14 days. And the journal is invalid after that time the case is closed.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSHKOIKKARA)
I love animals, ofcourse, I do understand dogs emotions too. Dogs needs care and attention. They do howl when they are sad, depressed, hungry and lonely. When you open the window, if they bark at you means, they wish to convey something to you. Most probably it can be related to Hunger or Cleanliness.

Next time, dont worry about sound pollution, just open your window and check them out exactly when they start whining. If they stop whining and bark at you, they do have something to share/show you. So keep observing them for few seconds and let me know, the actions dog did. I think I can figure that out.
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing they stop whining and bark at me. They literally know it’s me when they hear the click of the window. It is as if they are talking to me.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Lol what?
Do you even have a dog?
Most dogs I know when they bark bark because they are scared or don't like the look of something. Some may bark if they want food but they do that with their owners and not to a stranger. They may be scared of the window opening

OP, make a comment to your neighbours and ask them to do something. But tbh it doesn't sound like it happens that much and I reckon you could live with it
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Lol what?
Do you even have a dog?
Most dogs I know when they bark bark because they are scared or don't like the look of something. Some may bark if they want food but they do that with their owners and not to a stranger. They may be scared of the window opening

OP, make a comment to your neighbours and ask them to do something. But tbh it doesn't sound like it happens that much and I reckon you could live with it
I mean know that we’re being isolated and I need to do my work I don’t know. Barking isnt the issue tbh it’s when they start whining it’s very very sad as it used to get quite cold and they wouldn’t go into their shelter.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
Lol what?
Do you even have a dog?

I wish I made a comment before and then I could have applied for the journal again maybe. I guess I’ll have to talk to them.
JOSHKOIKKARA
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol what?
Do you even have a dog?

Yes, like humans, they do have feelings. And yeah I have five different category of Dogs in my home. I dont call them dogs, they have names, we call the name because we know the value of having them and its beyond your understanding.

You feels like dogs know only to bark. Ofcourse, they can only bark, as they cant speak French or Russian like you, but do speak another unique language that only dog lovers understand it.

So, if you have no idea about the subject, i would recommend you to sit in the audience chair and watch how others help than blabbering something not related at all.
JOSHKOIKKARA
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wish I made a comment before and then I could have applied for the journal again maybe. I guess I’ll have to talk to them.
There are so many factors like weather, disturbance, hunger, loneliness, and improper digestion can be the causes of whining.
They are good at paranormal stuffs too. So, it actually depends and only a caretaker who can understand dogs can help with it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I remember when I used to have this issue. As bad as it sounds, I was glad when the dog died. It was during my a levels exams and I was revising around 12 hours a day. That dog really took a toll on my focus and health loool
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, like humans, they do have feelings. And yeah I have five different category of Dogs in my home. I dont call them dogs, they have names, we call the name because we know the value of having them and its beyond your understanding.

You feels like dogs know only to bark. Ofcourse, they can only bark, as they cant speak French or Russian like you, but do speak another unique language that only dog lovers understand it.

So, if you have no idea about the subject, i would recommend you to sit in the audience chair and watch how others help than blabbering something not related at all.
Everyone I know has named their dog a name- no one calls it dog
It is not beyond my understanding because I have a dog????

They bark, they whine they put their paw on you, yes I know. I have a dog who does all these things and it always means something. Barking tends to be some sort of 'alarm' sound. I.e. they are scared and letting others know, something has given them a sudden fright etc.

I will not sit back cause I do know about the subject having a dog myself, and because many of my friends have dogs
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I remember when I used to have this issue. As bad as it sounds, I was glad when the dog died. It was during my a levels exams and I was revising around 12 hours a day. That dog really took a toll on my focus and health loool
poor dog
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
poor dog
It really wasn't my responsibility tbh. If you don't know how to take care of a dog, don't do it. I once remember the poor fella being left out in the rain for over an hour, in which time it barked constantly. I warned the owners about their treatment of the dog. A week or so after, it died. I was relieved for myself and the dog.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
I know how you feel.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
I know how you feel.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
Guys it’s literally 8am and they’ve been whining their asses off
Paisley99
Rep:
?
I told the neighbours and I feel like I’ve made things worse. I didn’t want to put the dogs under more harm. I can’t hear them whining but I can hear muffled noises now. Help. I don’t wna look.

I think it’s wrong RSPCA that you only help when animals are almost dying. What do I DO???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads