The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A major change! It would be so awesome to have my own Wikipedia entry.
Reply 2
A major change! It would be so awesome to have my own Wikipedia entry.

Except you can already - just that not many would read it
No kids, god I hate kids. I mean when they are about 11 they start being acceptable to be with but anything under that and above 2 just gets on my nerves. I have no paternal instinct at all, just as well I'm gay really.
Reply 4
I voted no kids, but I'm guessing that most people have influence over the world only (or chiefly) through their kids.
Maybe people are underestimating, in their youth, how much they really would want kids.
Why not be an arse and live through your kids? :p:

No kids for me though, I think.
Reply 7
I'll go with kids.

It implies I found a nutcase crazy enough to stick with me :P

Better than changing the world but being a lonely little old guy.
Reply 8
gm15
Except you can already - just that not many would read it

No, if the person is not notable the article will be deleted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability
i plan to do both... however if i had to give up one it would be changing the world... i really want kids, may have to adopt though due to risk of passing on medical problems. But i will have kids at some point, and a nice house with big garden, a hard working and loving husband.. then i will have to decide if i still want to work.
I don't get this thread.
Are you saying you can either have kids and be powerful/influential, but not both?

I can think of hundreds of important people who have contributed greatly to society and still have children.
I would rather solve the HIV problem/cure cancer than have kids.
I believe that to make a big difference in the world, everyone just needs to make a difference in one person's life. If everyone did that, then the whole world would be for the better. Hence, I'd prefer to have kids, and make a difference in their lives. I guess adoption could count for this too?
Ang|ophi|e
I believe that to make a big difference in the world, everyone just needs to make a difference in one person's life. If everyone did that, then the whole world would be for the better. Hence, I'd prefer to have kids, and make a difference in their lives. I guess adoption could count for this too?

ditto this post :biggrin:
Influence. I can't stand kids.
Reply 15
Have kids.. and tell them to influence the world

Everybody wins!!!
Reply 16
I despise the nation of raising children knowing that I'll be required to financially and emotionally provide for them for at least 18 years. What happens if one of them becomes a social delinquent such as a junkie? Forget about kids.

Any influence over the world is worthwhile.
Influence over the world; not too sure I even want kids at all.
This world is overpopulated as it is. I'll plump for influence not infants.
Neither. I'm happy to not have kids and not make a huge impact on the world. Just being happy and comfortable being myself is enough for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending