What should I say to someone asking how I did my hair and how long it took to grow...

Watch
Anomaly155
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What should I say to someone asking how I did my hair and how long it took to grow if I get dreadlock extensions?
WhisperWillow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Say you have extensions
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhisperWillow)
Say you have extensions
This, not a difficult answer really.
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
Say you have extensions
I am a guy and they might think I'm a pansy.
How do I convince them I'm not?
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
This, not a difficult answer really.
Knortfoxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anomaly155)
By not getting extensions?
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knortfoxx)
By not getting extensions?
Why not?
WhisperWillow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you mean by ‘pansy’. And realistically you’re not going to be talking to anyone new any time soon with the whole corvid-19. I should think that the only people who’s opinion matters are your own and those close to you however I’m assuming it should be easy enough to tell them you’ve got extensions in because you wanted to.
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
What do you mean by ‘pansy’. And realistically you’re not going to be talking to anyone new any time soon with the whole corvid-19. I should think that the only people who’s opinion matters are your own and those close to you however I’m assuming it should be easy enough to tell them you’ve got extensions in because you wanted to.
Well we don't know how long we will be isolating for
Knortfoxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why not?
The only real way to avoid people negatively judging your decisions is to make different decisions. Either that or ignore it.
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knortfoxx)
The only real way to avoid people negatively judging your decisions is to make different decisions. Either that or ignore it.
Yeah I see
WhisperWillow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well we don't know how long we will be isolating for
Could you answer the ‘pansy’ thing?
And either way most people just accept changes of hair, you’d be surprised how little most people care, there are a few people who will genuinely care and they will ask, when they do you can literally just tell them they are extension that you like. Simple.😊
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just be honest.
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
Could you answer the ‘pansy’ thing?
And either way most people just accept changes of hair, you’d be surprised how little most people care, there are a few people who will genuinely care and they will ask, when they do you can literally just tell them they are extension that you like. Simple.😊
You know the type of bullies who think you are girly or sissy
WhisperWillow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You know the type of bullies who think you are girly or sissy
Who cares, bullies that call you girly or whatever rubbish like that should NOT be given a second thought. They’re not calling you ‘girly’, they’re trying to make you ashamed and embarrassed for expressing yourself out of social and gender stereotypes because they’ve grown up being told to do so or because they’re too scared to do so themselves.
People that shallow don’t deserve anyone’s time or energy so COMPLETELY ignore them. Don’t recognise their existence.

Out of curiosity how old are you?
Last edited by WhisperWillow; 1 week ago
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
Who cares, bullies that call you girly or whatever rubbish like that should NOT be given a second thought. They’re not calling you ‘girly’, they’re trying to make you ashamed and embarrassed for expressing yourself out of social and gender stereotypes because they’ve grown up being told to do so or because they’re too scared to do so themselves.
People that shallow don’t deserve anyone’s time or energy so COMPLETELY ignore them. Don’t recognise their existence.

Out of curiosity how old are you?
Hmmmm... why do you want to know my age?
Last edited by Anomaly155; 1 week ago
WhisperWillow
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hmmmm... why do you want to know my age?
To know wether you were a teenage being bullied at high school or college, or a fully grown adult being affected by someone calling you girly.
There’s no doubt that people calling names isn’t nice, it’s not nice at all. But you should have the confidence in yourself to not be affected by petty stuff like that if you’re changing your own looks against what you know people see as normal. I’m not saying that your asking to be look at, called names or anything but you need to know that being out of the ordinary will catch unwanted attention and until not being judged for being different is a thing you unfortunately will have to deal with people judging you.
Anomaly155
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
To know wether you were a teenage being bullied at high school or college, or a fully grown adult being affected by someone calling you girly.
There’s no doubt that people calling names isn’t nice, it’s not nice at all. But you should have the confidence in yourself to not be affected by petty stuff like that if you’re changing your own looks against what you know people see as normal. I’m not saying that your asking to be look at, called names or anything but you need to know that being out of the ordinary will catch unwanted attention and until not being judged for being different is a thing you unfortunately will have to deal with people judging you.
I'm a teenager.
I don't want to grow dreadlocks because they take along time to grow and they are very permanent so I thought about extensions and I know people will want to know how I got my dreads and if I just say I have extensions they will think I'm girly.
Kinda like when I'm bad at football they will call you a girl and make you look feeble and weak because that's what kids do but how do I say it and sound cool?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (24)
70.59%
No (4)
11.76%
Not sure (6)
17.65%

Watched Threads