The Student Room Group

Are anyone's summer internship cancelled...

I got the Santander CIB cancelled ... they promised me to give me the AC in 2021....

wtf

anyone in the same position
Reply 1
Original post by ABCDEF99
I got the Santander CIB cancelled ... they promised me to give me the AC in 2021....

wtf

anyone in the same position

did you receive an offer from them? Or did you just get through to the ac stage?
Reply 2
Original post by shwan234
did you receive an offer from them? Or did you just get through to the ac stage?

i didn't even go to the AC...it got cancelled, along with the whole internship

wbu
Reply 3
i didn't even go to the AC...it got cancelled, along with the whole internship

wbu

i got an internship offer at AMEX, so now i'm ****ting myself it might get cancelled. Sorry to hear that though, hope you get other offers.
Really sorry to hear they cancelled on you. I was wondering if they said to you whether it was for the entire internship or just the corporate and investment banking side of it?
Reply 5
Original post by Sammy9898
Really sorry to hear they cancelled on you. I was wondering if they said to you whether it was for the entire internship or just the corporate and investment banking side of it?

Here is the email

Picture2.png
Reply 6
Original post by Sammy9898

they said cib
Here is the email

Picture2.png

Ahh, I see. Thanks for showing me the email.
Reply 8
Original post by shwan234
i got an internship offer at AMEX, so now i'm ****ting myself it might get cancelled. Sorry to hear that though, hope you get other offers.

Did they cancel AMEX...
Reply 9
Did they cancel AMEX...

na
Reply 10
I was supposed to study abroad but it was cancelled unfortunately :frown:
How can any of you be surprised? there is a world event going on. Just take what they give if its next year.
Anyone have any news on PwC?
Original post by Trihawk7

I had a confirmed internship with PwC and got an email 2 days ago to say they were cancelling all summer programs, but would try and offer us something for 2021.
Reply 14
Original post by Sailor123
I had a confirmed internship with PwC and got an email 2 days ago to say they were cancelling all summer programs, but would try and offer us something for 2021.

I heard pwc, hsbc, lloyds bank, santander, disney, visa summer internships all 'cancelled/postponed'
Guys just chill, this is not the end of the world, most of these firms will postpone their programs, consider you for internships in the future, or even convert you straight away. They are canceling because they just cannot make you work remotely for security purposes. There is nothing you can do, so relax and smash your (remote) exams.
I got an email saying my amex internship will definitely be going ahead, so i guess not all firms will be cancelling their internships.
Reply 17
Original post by Sailor123

Have they stopped their recruitment process completely?
Reply 18
Original post by Trihawk7

My internship for this summer at PwC got cancelled a couple weeks ago but they later called to offer me a grad role for next year, I'm just waiting to receive the full offer letter now

Quick Reply

Latest