feeling pained about the past

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i don't know what it is or how to control it. i keep thinking about the past. my brain goes back to where i felt this happiness - before december, even august. i know logically i wasn't super happy then. but i want to go back. it's like a painful nostalgia. i started a new job, i met colleagues i love working with. i met a guy i fell in love for (went on a date in december). my whole stomach just sinks with this nostalgia, like i can't even deal with the fact time has moved on despite the knowledge i'm the type of person to live in the future.

i just feel nostalgia constantly - but more than that. i could cry, thinking of who i was back in those months. why do i wish to be back there so badly? i can't find the answers. i just want one more week back then. maybe because it was simpler. more exciting. enjoyable.

it's so difficult to describe. do you understand me? it's like a weird yearning for me meeting people, random memories i don't understand why they ended up so significant. smells of lotions and stuff i got for christmas give me physical pain. what's wrong with me... i just feel this insane yearning of sorts for the past even though i wasn't that happy there. i keep rereading old messages i wrote back then. but i can never go back. it's like missing an old tv show character. i dont get it. do u? why do i feel this way

this probably makes no sense. i'm a mess.
JOSHKOIKKARA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i don't know what it is or how to control it. i keep thinking about the past. my brain goes back to where i felt this happiness - before december, even august. i know logically i wasn't super happy then. but i want to go back. it's like a painful nostalgia. i started a new job, i met colleagues i love working with. i met a guy i fell in love for (went on a date in december). my whole stomach just sinks with this nostalgia, like i can't even deal with the fact time has moved on despite the knowledge i'm the type of person to live in the future.

i just feel nostalgia constantly - but more than that. i could cry, thinking of who i was back in those months. why do i wish to be back there so badly? i can't find the answers. i just want one more week back then. maybe because it was simpler. more exciting. enjoyable.

it's so difficult to describe. do you understand me? it's like a weird yearning for me meeting people, random memories i don't understand why they ended up so significant. smells of lotions and stuff i got for christmas give me physical pain. what's wrong with me... i just feel this insane yearning of sorts for the past even though i wasn't that happy there. i keep rereading old messages i wrote back then. but i can never go back. it's like missing an old tv show character. i dont get it. do u? why do i feel this way

this probably makes no sense. i'm a mess.
"You already said what happens with you - i met a guy i fell in love for (went on a date in december). "

At present, these moments actually haunt you and connects you with those beautiful moments. Every boy/girl do get these kind of mental goosebumps at particular age. C'mon open your Eyes, Look around you !! There are millions of people who need you, who wish to meet a person like you, to understand the world through you ( for blind, deaf etc). Dont Sit and cry in a corner, Get up and go out. Share what you got from your past with people in the present. Then you will understand, Present and Future was the best and your past was just a sample of Life, gifted to you by the creator.

If you feel optimistic reading the above passage, there is nothing wrong with you. You need someone to support you, share with you and guide you with your dreams. And Yeah, you have already found that some one !

It's not me, It's you, yourself !!

Keep aside your moments and worries, share the moments making it as beautiful as you can with the strangers you meet, will surely help you understand what an amazing person you are.
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Looking backwards when you're having to move forwards...means you'll walk into a lamp post or get hit by a bus or something equally painful.

Eyes front. :eek:
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you still with your boyfriend? Does he know your feelings?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads