The Student Room Group

Be my friend :)

Can somebody be my friend? As we're supposedly going to be off school for quite a long time because of the corona virus, I thought it would be nice to meet some new people as I'm socially anxious and thought I should use this time to step out of my comfort zone. I'm not going to see my friends for a long time and it's hard to keep contact with them as I don't have a phone and so I need to use my Mum's (It's really awkward. Trust me).Something tells me that spending months at home will eventually cause me to spiral into insanity. I just want somebody to keep me in touch with reality.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whyamihere666
Can somebody be my friend? As we're supposedly going to be off school for quite a long time because of the corona virus, I thought it would be nice to meet some new people as I'm socially anxious and thought I should use this time to step out of my comfort zone. I'm not going to see my friends for a long time and it's hard to keep contact with them as I don't have a phone and so I need to use my Mum's (It's really awkward. Trust me).Something tells me that spending months at home will eventually cause me to spiral into insanity. I just want somebody to keep me in touch with reality.

Hi!:ciao: i also wont be seeing my friends for months due to school closure now next time i will see them is in prom
Reply 2
sure I would
Original post by Thewanabenerd
Hi!:ciao: i also wont be seeing my friends for months due to school closure now next time i will see them is in prom

Is your prom still going to be happening? In my school, the Year 11 prom was cancelled so today was the last time they would see each other if they weren't going to the sixth form. I felt really bad for them because it went from working hard for your GCSEs and having months left of school to having your hard work gone to waste and suddenly having to say goodbye to all your friends and teachers.
Original post by hbcool
sure I would

*friend-making noises*
Reply 5
*friend-making noises*

lol what does that mean
Original post by hbcool
lol what does that mean

I don't even know but let's both pretend that I said something really interesting that would spark our lifelong friendship.
Is your prom still going to be happening? In my school, the Year 11 prom was cancelled so today was the last time they would see each other if they weren't going to the sixth form. I felt really bad for them because it went from working hard for your GCSEs and having months left of school to having your hard work gone to waste and suddenly having to say goodbye to all your friends and teachers.

ya our teacher was like 'we will definitely make prom happen' so maybe in few months when corona virus dies down a bit or next year when we are all in college, we all were very sad to leave but we still had a small hope to meet again in prom which our headteacher basically promised us:s-smilie: its like sad but also not sad at the same time:dontknow:
Original post by Thewanabenerd
ya our teacher was like 'we will definitely make prom happen' so maybe in few months when corona virus dies down a bit or next year when we are all in college, we all were very sad to leave but we still had a small hope to meet again in prom which our headteacher basically promised us:s-smilie: its like sad but also not sad at the same time:dontknow:

I hope you get to go to prom <3
Reply 9
don't mind me asking a bunch of questions now I just need to know what kind of person I'm talking to.
so first of I assume ur in yr11??
I hope you get to go to prom <3

Thank you! i hope too ,cause i would want a proper goodbye to some of my friends(who i may never see in my future life) cause today it was hectic we were all signing each others shirts(like year 6) and some of us were crying mostly us just begging each:shakehand: other to be there for prom:smile:
im up for being friends- need new friends anyway
we should add eachother on socials
Original post by hbcool
don't mind me asking a bunch of questions now I just need to know what kind of person I'm talking to.
so first of I assume ur in yr11??

I'm not in Year 11. I'm in Year 9. One may think I am a foetus but I think I'm really mature. So what's your favourite Peppa Pig episode? Mine is the one where Peppa can't whistle.
Yeah sure !!! pm me, I'll give u my number if u want .
Reply 15
I'm not in Year 11. I'm in Year 9. One may think I am a foetus but I think I'm really mature. So what's your favourite Peppa Pig episode? Mine is the one where Peppa can't whistle.

i have never watched peppa pig but i have watched all spongebob episodes.
btw are u a boy or girl
Original post by hbcool
i have never watched peppa pig but i have watched all spongebob episodes.
btw are u a boy or girl

A girl. I see you have fine taste in your cartoons.
Reply 17
A girl. I see you have fine taste in your cartoons.

yaaaaas but i also like gravity falls. anyway what is your fav subject and show
Original post by hbcool
yaaaaas but i also like gravity falls. anyway what is your fav subject and show

OMG! Gravity Falls was the greatest show of all time. I don't have a favourite subject because I dislike all of them. I literally have no passions which is really depressing because people always tell you to do what you love for your career but I'm just here like....
Perhaps using your Mum's phone, you can message your friends and ask them to create Skypes. 😁 That way, you'll be able to remain in contact as (if you have a device with access to the internet) you'll can message through Skype.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending