Coordinate
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
BTEC's have been cancelled!!!

Everything that you've done so far to date will be graded and a predicted grade would be established from that.

The source is from Edexcel's website itself, updated today at 20/3/2020

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...essment-update
momeena
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Coordinate)

Everything that you've done so far to date will be graded and a predicted grade would be established from that.

But our teachers set us assignments before we left, will they still count? They are due in the next few weeks. I do BTEC Applied Science and our teachers said we should continue to work through them but this was said prior to this info given by the govt. What should be done?
Slett
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What happens to Btec applied science Year 12students who are meant to sit unit 3 exams in may, are we still completing our current assignments? And what happens to our exams that have been cancelled because we still need to complete them
Megan2411
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by momeena)
But our teachers set us assignments before we left, will they still count? They are due in the next few weeks. I do BTEC Applied Science and our teachers said we should continue to work through them but this was said prior to this info given by the govt. What should be done?
I am also taking applied science, my class was told to continue with assignments and I’m guessing those results could be used to help develop our overall grade by our teachers? They probably will still count to some extent I hope
LeMetalhead
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So how will this actually be done? Will it be SVs that are giving us our grades or is it our tutors using our predicted grades? I don't some stranger I've never met determining my fate
Coordinate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LeMetalhead)
So how will this actually be done? Will it be SVs that are giving us our grades or is it our tutors using our predicted grades? I don't some stranger I've never met determining my fate
click the link...

edexcel literally said it
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The exams are cancelled, not the assignments. That’s what I take from that.
Naheed hidayet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Coordinate)

Hi I’m doing btec level 3 national diploma in applied science I’m in year 12 and I’m not sure if the assessment is cancelled and how it will be graded
momeena
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
The exams are cancelled, not the assignments. That’s what I take from that.
So then I take it year 13 students should continue with their assigns?
momeena
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Megan8752)
I am also taking applied science, my class was told to continue with assignments and I’m guessing those results could be used to help develop our overall grade by our teachers? They probably will still count to some extent I hope
Are u in yr 13?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So then I take it year 13 students should continue with their assigns?
I’m quite confused if i’m honest, I’m year 12 currently. I think the best thing to do is to continue with assignments till we get a clearer image? (Or at least that’s what I’ll be doing).
momeena
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its fine for you, you guys can even continue when you go back! We are awating what is going to happen with our uni offers now 😅😫
Megan2411
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are u in yr 13?
Yes
Jenjenss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So this doesn’t affect year 13 students or what??? So confused
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jenjenss)
So this doesn’t affect year 13 students or what??? So confused
It affects both years I assume?
Kim_02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could sign petition for using predicted grade for btec students!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johns...level-students
Kim_02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make sure you guys finish all your assigns you have due since it may affect your overall grade.
momeena
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Megan8752)
Yes
I guess we should complete all the assigns that have been set and await for a response from our teachers for the rest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (330)
34.55%
No (625)
65.45%

Watched Threads