Kerman24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So as you know schools are closed from today until further notice except for children whose parents are keyworkers or vulnerable children.
My question is what happens to Teaching assistant salaries would they be protected.
Secondly, if for example a TA has asthma or any respiratory health conditions(which is stated as an underlying condition and should social distance/isolate themselves)would their salaries be covered by their employers for 12 weeks even if they took the last day off ‘work’ due to being unwell.
Krunker482
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm a TA and I am still getting paid, I took the last two days off for self-isolation. I think it depends from school to school.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My school/MAT has guaranteed pay for all staff who are self isolating. Most staff are being asked to come in on a rota to supervise those children still coming to school, but if you're vulnerable, obviously you shouldn't be asked to do this.

If you haven't had any clarity, contact your head and LA or MAT CEO on Monday!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (257)
33.86%
No (502)
66.14%

Watched Threads