JoeHindle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The question is "Explain the impact of current technologies on the design and implementation of mobile apps".

I don't understand what the technologies are, I've been trying to search the internet but no luck.. Also what does it mean by implementation of mobile apps?
username5204820
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JoeHindle)
The question is "Explain the impact of current technologies on the design and implementation of mobile apps".

I don't understand what the technologies are, I've been trying to search the internet but no luck.. Also what does it mean by implementation of mobile apps?
It means literally what it says. Current technologies refers to technologies that are current and relevant, in other words not technologies that were emerging or unknown decades ago. Blockchain, AI, IoT, 5G. These are all examples of current technologies, although not necessarily ones you want to talk about. A Google search will give you a list of current technologies and it's up to you to come up with ideas about how they impact mobile apps. The design and implementation of mobile apps refers to those stages in development. Design is where you plan it, implementation is where you build it and how you go about that.

To give a hypothetical example, let's pretend the Internet is a current technology. One impact is that apps can now be designed and built with more social interaction elements in mind, which as we know has given rise to social media. Another impact is that apps can now be downloaded and updated, rather than preinstalled on the phone and never updated. On one hand the design, implementation and testing of apps can be less rigorous, since you can fix things in updates. On the other hand, it's a much more complex process because you're no longer designing an app for one specific device and thoe apps themselves are more complex. Hopefully this example has given you an idea of how you relate current technologies to the design and implementation of apps.

I'll request this be moved to study help as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (34)
22.08%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (74)
48.05%
I'm unsure (46)
29.87%

Watched Threads