Learning Enni
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
hi, this may make me sound incredibly stupid but what is as level and how is it different to a level? are they seperate exams and if so when are they taken?
thanks
kennzo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
from what i understand as level is just one year ie its one year of study of a subject in yr12, as opposed to a-levels which are a two year study in yr12 and yr13.i think as-level basically covers what you would cover in your first year of college/sixth form (1st year a-level books soemtimes labelled as-level/1st year a level). some people take an as level and then drop it so that they don't take it as a full a level continuing into yr 13. as level exams then are taken at the end of yr12 (first year of college), and a level exams at the end of yr13 after two years of study (as far i as i father)
Learning Enni
Rep:
?
(Original post by kennzo)
from what i understand as level is just one year ie its one year of study of a subject in yr12, as opposed to a-levels which are a two year study in yr12 and yr13.i think as-level basically covers what you would cover in your first year of college/sixth form (1st year a-level books soemtimes labelled as-level/1st year a level). some people take an as level and then drop it so that they don't take it as a full a level continuing into yr 13. as level exams then are taken at the end of yr12 (first year of college), and a level exams at the end of yr13 after two years of study (as far i as i father)
thanks that clears up a lot, does that mean a level is a continuation of as leavel so would I learn both or are they seperate
kennzo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yes, a level is essentially a continuation of as level. you achieve either an as level in a subject or an a level in that same subject
Learning Enni
Rep:
?
yes, a level is essentially a continuation of as level. you achieve either an as level in a subject or an a level in that same subject
so since I have finished GCSE I should revise as level topics
kennzo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
are you going to college/sixth form in september?
Learning Enni
Rep:
?
are you going to college/sixth form in september?
hopefully going to sixth form
kennzo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
well then over summer just review your gcse knowledge, maybe get one of those head start to a-level books to help with this, and absolutely have a look at the first as level/first year content for your subjects to get a bit of a grasp of it all.
Learning Enni
Rep:
?
well then over summer just review your gcse knowledge, maybe get one of those head start to a-level books to help with this, and absolutely have a look at the first as level/first year content for your subjects to get a bit of a grasp of it all.
thanks mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.45%
I don't have everything I need (334)
43.55%

Watched Threads