The Student Room Group

Will my mocks hinder me?

I did not do well in my mock exams because I thought them unimportant. This is concerning as apparently my grade will be dependent on them.
My teachers say they are putting me higher than my mock results but I'm terrified that this will hinder me. For example, I got a 4 in Rs but my teacher promised me a 6/7. And I failed mathematics but my teacher has put me for a pass. Will this be destroyer by the mocks? I am sleepless and can find no rest.
(edited 4 years ago)
They will not JUST look at mocks. There are many factors that are involved in making the final decision such as your progress throughout the year and your overall attitude towards that subjects. Don't think about it too much because you can't change anything at the moment. You can always resit in September anyways.
Reply 2
My other assessments are good and surpassing most. It's just that I did not revise whatsoever for the mock exams.
They will look at everything teachers can give as evidence to examboards. If you're not satisfied you can appeal or take the exams in september or next summer
I understand you as I'm basically in the same situation as you. I've had extenuating circumstances which have meant these mocks were not my best round. I was preparing to showcase my potential in these GCSEs but unfortunately that won't be happening. Honestly stressing is pointless tbh. Your teacher knows you and will most likely be more lenient than any examiner anyday
hello
From what I have read, the teacher will estimate a prediction for you based on your previous grades, mocks and work ethic. If your teachers know your capability and an estimate of you would have got if you were to have sat the exam. In other words, don't worry you will get what you deserve.

Quick Reply

Latest