The Student Room Group

Birthday on results day

It occurred to me when walking back home from work (Morrisons FTW) that somebody must have their birthday on results day. Anyone on here this year?

What you going to do, would be a bit of a poor birthday if you got your results and they weren't that good... :frown:

but on the other hand if they were really good then WOOPIEE.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
drown myself in presents
wow i thought i had it bad having an exam on my birthday
trance addict
wow i thought i had it bad having an exam on my birthday

Trust me that's worse
Meteorshower
Trust me that's worse

I dealt with it, it'll be the same next year for AS exams probably :yy:
Reply 5
Last year, I got my AS results on my birthday and they were terrible. I got BCEE :frown: And yes, it did ruin my birthday.
Reply 6
I had my birthday on GCSE results day last year. I was really worried my results would ruin it and didn'd open any presents until after I got my results (in case they were bad and then I could just pretend it wasn't my birthday :p:).

I had to enroll at sixth form though and it was pretty rubbish going into school on my birthday - I'd never had to do that before :frown:

I really feel for any of you guys that have your birthdays on results day this year. I dreaded my birthday for weeks before and the anticipation pretty much ruined the excitement.
Reply 7
I would open the result envelope the next day. :p:
Reply 8
[QUOTE='[ I R I S ]']I would open the result envelope the next day. :p:

Ha. So would I :p:

Fortunately for me, my birthday will never be on results day :biggrin:
Someone at my school turns 17 on results day.

I turn 17 on August 30th - just over two weeks after results day. :s:
Reply 10
my 18th is the day after i get A level results. ill spend it finding a place through clearing!
Reply 11
I had a GCSE module result on my 16th birthday, got a C in a lit module when I should've got an A*, was an awful start. Ended ok though :biggrin:
Reply 12
I've never had anything ****ty like exams etc on my birthday...7th, so its just before any results and after any exams.

That said, most people either forget or go on holiday on my birthday, which sucks.
I got my A-level results on my eighteenth birthday. The people who had crashed at my place after getting trashed the night before were more concerned with using my computer to check Track than wishing me happy birthday :frown: It was quite nerve racking, but walking into the gym with an 18 badge on was quite funny, some of the reactions I got were priceless. It meant I saw a lot more people on my birthday than I usually would have.
It was nerve wracking, really, but I got through it with grades a little lower than I expected, but still acceptable, and I still got into Uni, firm choice.
So although it's scary as ****, it ends well :smile:
i had my GCSE results 2 years ago on my birthday, and my cousin she gets her results for A2 this year ( so do i) on her birthday, and i have my birthday 4 days later !! :redface: ... i hope both our results turn out good! we plan to celebrate togeter!!, and its our 18th!!
Reply 15
Wow..I'd hate that.That would probably put me on a downer on my B-Day.

I have a friend that has their Birthday on the 21st Aug which is GCSE results day and he's been moaning about it for the last 6 months. :eek2:

Luckily my B-day is always in the holidays after the first half term in Sept but this year I can't celebrate as much as I have to revise for a November exam and its gonna suck :frown: Oh wells :smile:
I'm so glad my birthday is in January :erm:
my birthday is on results day ITS SUCKSSS
Unlucky chucky.
It's my dad's birthday.. so I'm not sure I'm going to feel up for any birthday meals and whatnot if I don't manage to get my A. Oddly enough, it was his birthday the day my AS results came out the first time around, too.

Quick Reply

Latest