Imagine if Labour were in power during coronavirus outbreak

Watch
Patientwaiter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
There would be no bailout anything close to what has been announced by the Conservatives and Corbyn would be so happy that people are dying he'd probably have already invited hamas and the IRA to finish everybody off. Just a thought.....
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Patientwaiter)
There would be no bailout anything close to what has been announced by the Conservatives and Corbyn would be so happy that people are dying he'd probably have already invited hamas and the IRA to finish everybody off. Just a thought.....
Wut? Cuz the Biris is the only 1 wot no where da magic money tree live?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Just a biased prejudiced though that makes no sense.
1. Ofc there would be a bailout and if anything they would be spending more.
2. Corbyn would not be happy if people were dying, ridiculous comment.
3. The other bit is beneath contempt.

Ridiculous thread by you and brainless. Irrespective of whether you think Corbyn is an idiot or dislike his politics.

Any PM in power now would be doing what was best for the country plus they would be supporting the NHS and following the advice of the medical experts, which is what I believe Boris is doing.
Anonnorth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only difference I can imagine is, if Labour follows what they are saying, is that once the world gets through this that the UK would take a couple of decades to recover the economy again back to current levels rather than the 5 to 10 years I can see it taking now under the Tories.
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, Labour would have closed schools and things earlier. And they would have invested the same, if not more, money as the tories have. So much for there being "No magic money tree"....this conservative government will have spent the most of any government in decades
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonnorth)
The only difference I can imagine is, if Labour follows what they are saying, is that once the world gets through this that the UK would take a couple of decades to recover the economy again back to current levels rather than the 5 to 10 years I can see it taking now under the Tories.
Given they didnt recover the economy to previous levels between 2010 and 2020, what makes you think that?

Edit
We went into this crisis with:
- higher debt
- lower gdp growth
- far lower interest rates
- lower real gdp
- weaker currency
than the finanancial crash.
Last edited by Quady; 1 week ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Diane Abbot heads response *ducks for cover*
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So first you lot whine that labour will spend too much now you whine that it wouldnt spend anything? Quackery at its finest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads