2021 Msc Applied Clinical Psychology Applicant

Watch
riddhi.l
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!
I'm a student from India, and I will be applying to the University of bath for an Msc in Applied Clinical Psychology this October for the course beginning in September 2021.
I had gotten into Bath for my undergraduate studies but turned it down to spend some more time in India.
I want to know what the course is like, how the student life is, and in general, a mix of information about life as a student studying here
University of Bath Postgraduate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by riddhi.l)
Hi!
I'm a student from India, and I will be applying to the University of bath for an Msc in Applied Clinical Psychology this October for the course beginning in September 2021.
I had gotten into Bath for my undergraduate studies but turned it down to spend some more time in India.
I want to know what the course is like, how the student life is, and in general, a mix of information about life as a student studying here
Hi riddhi.l

I'm glad to see you're considering University of Bath for your postgraduate studies!

Unfortunately I have little knowledge about the Applied Clinical Psychology course other than that found here. However, I am happy to give you some insight into my experience of Bath (both the city and the University) having studied here for nearly 4 years.

The University is a relatively young University, having been founded in 1966 but has since gained a fantastic domestic and international reputation and consistently performs very well in University rankings, particularly for Psychology. It is a beautiful campus University of good size, with a selection of cafes and places to eat, and a fantastic state-of-the-art sports training village that feautes multiple tennis courts, indoor courts, sports pitches, an olypic sized swimming pool and 400m athletics track. As you have probably realised this means theres many sports societies that you can join (at any level), but just as many non-sporting societies aswell. There's definitely something for everyone!

The University offers many resources to students, ranging from mental wellbeing to careers support. I have personally used the careers support a lot this year, and the careers team are incredibly friendly and knowledgable and have many many industry connections. They are available for 1 to 1 sessions to talk over anything you need, but also run mock assessment centres and interview workshops, as well as host networking events with many big companies. I haven't personally used many of the mental wellbeing services, but they are well advertised so students are able to easily find the help and support they need.

Bath itself is a beautiful city with a rich history. It is quite small for a city meaning it is a but more quiet and there isn't as much for students to do in their downtime as you'd expect from a much larger city like London or Manchester, but there is still fun to be had. If you do however find that Bath isn't esciting enough for you, Bristol is much larger with a lot more going on and is only about 15 miles away, and just one 15 minute stop on the train. Many students take advantage of this, especially for nightlife, as although Bath has a significant student population, the nighltife is decent but not amazing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time both studying and living in Bath, so I'm sure you will too!

Hope this helps, any questions please feel free to ask me.

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (43)
60.56%
No (28)
39.44%

Watched Threads