Trump Tried to Deny Coronavirus Vaccine to Foreign Countries

US Senators' stock sales under fire after coronavirus tanked markets
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Now on to the holy and pious:

Trump’s Spiritual Adviser Paula White Is Using the Coronavirus Crisis to Bankroll Her Church

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whilst one doesnt generally approve of stringing people up from the nearest lamp post, in this case, i'd be willing to turn a blind eye.
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 2 weeks ago

@ Paula White

God tells me you should flush your Wealth Christianity down the pan where it belongs.

God or Mammon? We know which you chose. That fourth circle is getting very crowded.
Last edited by ghostwalker; 2 weeks ago
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Report 1 week ago
Saying he is trying to deny it to foreign countries a vaccine is an unfair way to look at it, hes the president of the US its his job to secure his country first. On top of that seeing as these types of vaccines often finish development after the outbreak is over and most people that would have got the disease have been infected and then gained immunity, these vaccines are often a terrible investment which he likely knows.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
Saying he is trying to deny it to foreign countries a vaccine is an unfair way to look at it,
How? He expressly wanted it for the US and the US only...
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not exactly a Libertarian zealot, but ultimately if someone's going to supply something that I want at an elevated price, then it's better than it not being available to me at all.

I think it's very difficult to separate the market, as it should function, with costs determined by cost to producer and scarcity, from "profiteering". You can get to the levels of ridiculous thought-exercises where someone demands £10,000 for a drink of water to a dying man in the desert, but that is an extreme. It's quite normal that things that are scarce are expensive, often beyond any other objective measure of their value.

Toilet roll and hand sanitiser aren't exactly irreplaceable items either. Go back a couple of generations and they didn't really have either, regularly.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The joys of capitalism, glorious capitalism.
Groceries, hand-wash, toilet paper and religion.

Classic profit orientated capitalism and supply&demand forces at work.
The amount of cash donation appeals I've had this week by video and email newsletter; on behalf of 4 different religions and 7 churches that I don't attend. :laugh:
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also don't forget branson and green both greedy scumbags.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's been the most disgusting hypocrisy amongst senior politicians, business owners and media plutocrats in the US and elsewhere. Take Fox News, which until a couple of days ago was broadcasting propaganda 24/7 that the whole Coronavirus story is a wildly overblown Democrat Party conspiracy, etc, etc - whilst to their own staff in private warning them in detail of the consequences of the virus and advising them to work from home if possible, evacuate loved ones, get tested urgently, etc, etc. This kind of conduct has also been seen with Republican Senators and with Trump himself - whilst Trump was busy telling the country there would be no problem, he was busy distancing himself from work colleagues, insisting they all scrub thoroughly and disinfecting his offices. Then we have Boris and Dominic in No 10 telling everyone there is no need to hoard, whilst bringing in pallet loads of toilet rolls and fish fingers.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am all for price increase in order to stop panic buying but increasing prices just to make yourself some more bucks? I know we live in a capitalist country but that is just wrong
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The RAR)
I am all for price increase in order to stop panic buying but increasing prices just to make yourself some more bucks? I know we live in a capitalist country but that is just wrong
Wouldnt that less stop panic buying than simply stop the poor from getting the basics for life?
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
How? He expressly wanted it for the US and the US only...
turns out its fake news the original author made up the "only for the US" part and stealth edited the original story and the company that was involved denys that this ever happened.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...id-19-vaccine/
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
turns out its fake news the original author made up the "only for the US" part and stealth edited the original story and the company that was involved denys that this ever happened.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...id-19-vaccine/
I don't suppose you have a more err reputable source than Breitbart do you? It's not exactly known as the most honest conveyor of information.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by L i b)
I'm not exactly a Libertarian zealot, but ultimately if someone's going to supply something that I want at an elevated price, then it's better than it not being available to me at all.

I think it's very difficult to separate the market, as it should function, with costs determined by cost to producer and scarcity, from "profiteering". You can get to the levels of ridiculous thought-exercises where someone demands £10,000 for a drink of water to a dying man in the desert, but that is an extreme. It's quite normal that things that are scarce are expensive, often beyond any other objective measure of their value.

Toilet roll and hand sanitiser aren't exactly irreplaceable items either. Go back a couple of generations and they didn't really have either, regularly.
And here I thought there are no libertarians in a pandemic!
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Disgusting. The exploitation of the mega churches is widely being ignored. A $91 seed? Really?
Last edited by Greywolftwo; 1 week ago
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The biggest profiteers are retailers banking off panic buying but refusing with all the money they're making to recycle it back into budget to order more essential supplies that are running out...due to panic buying...that they profit from....
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Imagine seeing this crisis as an opportunity for profit...

The state of some people.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good old Amazon!

Amazon, one of the richest corporations in the world, which paid almost no taxes last year, is offering unpaid time off for workers who are sick and just two weeks paid leave for workers who test positive for the virus. Meanwhile, it demands its employees put in mandatory overtime.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...navirus-crisis

Do your bit - don't buy from Amazon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (155)
30.69%
No (350)
69.31%

Watched Threads