Games That Deserve More Attention

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
There are loads of unsung games out there-which games do you think don't receive the attention they deserve? Personally I think people should check out A Plague Tale: Innocence because the story is outstanding, a breath of fresh air in a medium of me-too.
Last edited by JDINCINERATOR; 2 weeks ago
Darkiorra
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Until Dawn
lightningbladex4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dark souls 1- i think this type of genre has been neglected for a while but it’s not your typical edgy setting.Realistic game mechanics as well as a plot which questions your morality in a non dramatic sense and ponders the futility of rectitude.Characterised as hard but I just see it as being less beginner friendly but isn’t harder than your typical game.9.4/10
mr_wiggie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the witcher 3 : wild hunt is such a hidden gem
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr_wiggie)
the witcher 3 : wild hunt is such a hidden gem
I disagree, Wild Hunt has received enormous critical acclaim and is one of the highest scoring games on Metacritic and is adored by fans everywhere-not really "hidden" at all.
ItsTomii
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Detroit: Become Human
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
I disagree, Wild Hunt has received enormous critical acclaim and is one of the highest scoring games on Metacritic and is adored by fans everywhere-not really "hidden" at all.
could not have said it better myself.

laughing @ the word "hidden" lmao
NewAlt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All of the games posted are triple A games... not exactly 'unsung'...
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rimworld, Tynan the developer is a really great guy that helps the modders with any issues they are having. He understands that they are what makes his game sell so well.

He has said it will never go on sale because it would be unfair on the people who funded the project in the first place. It rare to see such ethical trading in the games industry.

It isn't easy getting a 10/10 on Steam.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by NewAlt)
All of the games posted are triple A games... not exactly 'unsung'...
You're right but A Plague Tale isn't triple A-and I think Until Dawn will likely be overlooked compared to behemoth PS exclusives like Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone.
Last edited by JDINCINERATOR; 2 weeks ago
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItsTomii)
Detroit: Become Human
Detroit is triple A and has received its share of plaudits-the real unsung games aren't even being mentioned in this forum, but if you think huge triple A games with huge marketing campaigns qualify as unsung then that's up to you.
Pigster
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whatever you do, don't play Factorio.

After 6163 hours, I've finally managed to wean myself off it. Although, the lure... the lure...
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by lightningbladex4)
Dark souls 1- i think this type of genre has been neglected for a while but it’s not your typical edgy setting.Realistic game mechanics as well as a plot which questions your morality in a non dramatic sense and ponders the futility of rectitude.Characterised as hard but I just see it as being less beginner friendly but isn’t harder than your typical game.9.4/10
Souls games have received a lot of praise and attention, with all due respect-they aren't unsung at all.
NewAlt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're right but A Plague Tale isn't triple A-and I think Until Dawn will likely be overlooked compared to behemoth PS exclusives like Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone.
A lot of decent indie games have been free on Epic

I can't think of many that I think deserve more attention (as I probably haven't found them myself) but Horace has a rich story and is a well made platform game that really doesn't have much attention (unlike something like Undertale)
mr_wiggie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nope hidden gem next to nobody has played it and it is a great game that is underrated and needs more attention
mr_wiggie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
could not have said it better myself.

laughing @ the word "hidden"
its a hidden gem, it deserves more attention
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
nope hidden gem next to nobody has played it and it is a great game that is underrated and needs more attention
its a hidden gem, it deserves more attention
it's made the top 10 of best selling ps4 games

it's hardly "hidden" 🙄
mr_wiggie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
it's made the top 10 of best selling ps4 games

it's hardly "hidden" 🙄
nope untrue, i've seen the statistics it has next to no attention, which it needs more of because it's a hidden gem
Toscana
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
the walking dead telltale series
nier automata
alien isolation
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Toscana)
the walking dead telltale series
nier automata
alien isolation
Don't you think Telltale's The Walking Dead has enough exposure? Automata is brilliant as is Isolation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.73%
No (448)
66.27%

Watched Threads