The Student Room Group

Using SATs in GCSE prediction

We did our SATs 5 years ago and I came to this country in yr6 and took those exams with little knowledge but as years pass by my understanding has developed and I have been predicted mostly 9s as of this moment. However, I am afraid that my SATs performance would impact my GCSE grades.

On the website it says they will use "prior attaintment" - So I am quite worried, I would be grateful if you could message as soon as possible.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Abree Khan
We did our SATs 5 years ago and I came to this country in yr6 and took those exams with little knowledge but as years pass by my understanding has developed and I have been predicted mostly 9s as of this moment. However, I am afraid that my SATs performance would impact my GCSE grades.

On the website it says they will use "prior attaintment" - So I am quite worried, I would be grateful if you could message as soon as possible.

by prior attainment, i think they mean how you did in topic tests/mocks/your work ethic etc.
They won't (or at least shouldn't) look at your SATs, don't worry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by laurawatt
by prior attainment, i think they mean how you did in topic tests/mocks/your work ethic etc.
They won't (or at least shouldn't) look at your SATs, don't worry :smile:

not rly sure because Mr Salles from yt said that its sats and they may put some people at a disadvantage
Original post by Abree Khan
not rly sure because Mr Salles from yt said that its sats and they may put some people at a disadvantage

if you are predicted high grades like you say, and provided you have been attaining these sorts of grades recently, then SATs should have very little weighting in your grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest