The Student Room Group

Leiden Vs KCL for MSc in AI

I got admits to both these places for MSc in Artificial Intelligence starting Sept 2020. I would just want to know if anyone has any advice on what to choose and why?These are my concerns: Leiden’s course is 2 years. So I feel it’ll be more in-depth and I’ll learn at a reasonable pace. KCL is a 1-year course so it might be too fast-paced n Idk if I can get a thesis out in a year’s time. KCL is a huge name and branding does go a long way. But the quality has gone down. Especially for comp sc. Many sites rank Leiden better as well. So I am confused about whether I will be missing out on opportunities not being at the heart of London. Not to get me wrong: Leiden is still amazing in terms of opportunities but I am still confused here.• Costs. How much does it cost to live in London? I know it’s more expensive but I would appreciate any ballpark figures thrown at me. Just so I have a clue. The tuition fee alone is almost double compared to Leiden’s 1-year fee. So I would like to know if there are other costs I should keep in mind..like how much does food cost and so on. BREXIT - what does this mean for the IT industry (including start-ups) in London? What’s the average salary of an AI Masters / MSc Comp student? I know that Leiden would get you around 50,000-80,000€ average per annum.I do see after typing all this out that Leiden has more pros. But I am still quite confused. I’m sure some of you have faced this issue before. Please help me sort this one out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending