The Student Room Group

Relative still wants to go to work?

They work at McDonald's and even at this time wants to go to work when we've been told to stay indoors. We have someone who's sick in the house too and we still ask them why they want to go. Their reason "because I want to."

Should we let them still go to work when they really don't need to and will probably have a higher chance bringing something bad home?
Reply 1
dont let them go
Reply 2
McDonalds are practising social distancing, such as stopping eating in, to minimise contact with customers, and takeaways can remain open. Also, if someone social distances rather than self-isolates, there can be an issue over pay and sick pay.

If someone is healthy, they can just use the 2m guidelines and be scrupulous about cleanliness.
Reply 3
nope.
keep them home.
if they want to break the rules, report them to the police.
Original post by Anonymous
They work at McDonald's and even at this time wants to go to work when we've been told to stay indoors. We have someone who's sick in the house too and we still ask them why they want to go. Their reason "because I want to."

Should we let them still go to work when they really don't need to and will probably have a higher chance bringing something bad home?

Of course they should work. Clean hands. The majority of people who get this virus will have very mild symptoms. We cannot NOT all work for the next few months. I would advise staying away from the sick person in the house though
Reply 5
Original post by Adz2042
nope.
keep them home.

The OP hasn't said what the illness is; if it's coronavirus they should self-isolate, but It's not against the law to go to work! Guidelines have been issued, that's all.
Reply 6
Thank you for your responses, the person seems to have a chest infection. The relative who wants to go to work is only 16, they don't need to go to work.
Original post by Adz2042
nope.
keep them home.

Call the gestapo
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
The OP hasn't said what the illness is; if it's coronavirus they should self-isolate, but It's not against the law to go to work! Guidelines have been issued, that's all.

True, but now you're kind of forced to stay in your home for the safety of yourself and others.
Stick to the government advice, or risk getting a high fine by the police.
In a nutshell, our grandparents were sent to war. We are being told to sit on the couch. It's far easier!
Original post by Adz2042
True, but now you're kind of forced to stay in your home for the safety of yourself and others.
Stick to the government advice, or risk getting a high fine by the police.
In a nutshell, our grandparents were sent to war. We are being told to sit on the couch. It's far easier!

I imagine the situation has resolved itself now as McDonalds has closed all branches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending