Do you have any way to contact her?
Oh yeah, we talk on Snapchat but still school was better
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Right guys, I have one last question. I’m going to send a message at some point today, but a few things have crossed my mind. Do you think she will show the message to her friends or group chat etc? We actually have a few more mutual friends than I expected, so if she says no or whatever then it’s likely I’m going to receive a lot of teasing from my friends, and I really don’t want year 13 to be like that lol. Do you think this is likely to even happen or am I just worried over nothing? Thank you
she's a teenage girl. of course she's going to tell her pals if you ask her out over facebook.

yes, you might be teased. but you have to decide if the risk of being teased is worth taking your shot.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by ANM775)
she's a teenage girl. of course she's going to tell her pals if you ask her out over facebook.

yes, you might be teased. but you have to decide if the risk of being teased is worth taking your shot.
Thank you for the response. I will have a think about this, because some of my friends can be d***s sometimes lol. I will probably still go ahead with it anyways, I just need to work up the courage to send her a message.
Voss.gloss20
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank you for the response. I will have a think about this, because some of my friends can be d***s sometimes lol. I will probably still go ahead with it anyways, I just need to work up the courage to send her a message.
You got this!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Voss.gloss20)
You got this!
I hope so Thank you to everyone for all the support so far, it means a lot to me!
The_Architect
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I have just contacted someone I only met once on Facebook. Daren't look to see if I have had a response. Knowing my luck he won't be interested. But it's that little bit of hope that keeps us going.

So forget my pussy footing around response. Just add her on Facebook, as Reality suggests.
How did it go?
Anonymous #3
Report 5 days ago
Have you sent the message yet?
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I will keep this short. Basically I’m in year 12 and there was this girl in year 13 who I was preparing to approach and maybe ask out, but then Coronavirus comes along and now I’m never going to see her again. (Because schools could now be closed till September)
I really don’t know what to do. I’ve never spoken to her before but I do know her name. Should I send her a friend request on Facebook and message her or would that be weird? I think my cousin might know who she is (they are friends on Facebook) but they might not be good friends, still maybe I could ask him for help?
Also, a bit off topic, I was going to go to Cornwall this year with my family, we had this great holiday planned and I’ve been looking forward to it. Do you think it will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus? Thank you
1) you didn’t keep it short well done 👍

2) what a shame.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I don’t know if she will share it with her friends or not, that is only human nature. But if you care about a girl and she cares about you, and if you are in a relationship, she will talk about you with her friends anyway.

And that’s what you want isn’t it?

Look just stop overthinking it and send her a nice, sweet respectful message like the other poster told you to.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I don’t know if she will share it with her friends or not, that is only human nature. But if you care about a girl and she cares about you, and if you are in a relationship, she will talk about you with her friends anyway.

And that’s what you want isn’t it?

Look just stop overthinking it and send her a nice, sweet respectful message like the other poster told you to.
I sent the message a short while ago, I will let you know how it turns out. I don’t think I will dare to look at my phone lol
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I sent the message a short while ago, I will let you know how it turns out. I don’t think I will dare to look at my phone lol
what did you say exactly?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was a bit like this, especially as he didn't respond straight away. Then he did and it was a bit lukewarm. But a day after that he wanted a longer conversation. There are some comments to show he seems to like me. He is quite worried for my safety during the epidemic, which is nice. I speak to him every day, and hope I will continue to do so.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
I'm always nervous to make the first move but then when the person turns out to be responsive, I automatically start loosing up and the conversation starts flowing more naturally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (50)
60.24%
No (17)
20.48%
Not sure (16)
19.28%

Watched Threads