Camembart
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,
I recently moved from an Indian school to GCSEs. The English curriculum there was much easier. I’m getting great grades(8s and 9s!!) in everything but English. I really need to improve. I am in year 10 and got a 5 in my first paper(AQA, Frankenstein). That’s the only exam I have given so far. Do u have any tips? Literature and Language.
I would appreciate all the help.
P.S: I tried CGP textbooks(literature)...they didn’t help
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For language, working on your exam techniques would be the best thing and also doing a paper yourself in exam conditions and asking your teacher for feedback and how you can improve. For lit, condensing the information and active recall would be best thing for you to take in all the info but you could do this in any way like flashcards or mindmaps or youtube videos (like Mr Bruff and Mr Salles) or essay plans
Michelle Odubola
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Camembart)
Hello,
I recently moved from an Indian school to GCSEs. The English curriculum there was much easier. I’m getting great grades(8s and 9s!!) in everything but English. I really need to improve. I am in year 10 and got a 5 in my first paper(AQA, Frankenstein). That’s the only exam I have given so far. Do u have any tips? Literature and Language.
I would appreciate all the help.
P.S: I tried CGP textbooks(literature)...they didn’t help
Most people in year 10 are achieving 4s so you are perfectly alright. Especially in your first english exam. But if you want to improve, READING FOR PLEASURE and WRITING FOR PLEASURE help you take in the basics quicker and don't forget to talk to your teachers... thats what they're there for!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.99%
Isolating with family (122)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.48%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.33%
Loneliness (172)
9.88%
Financial worries (69)
3.96%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.85%

Watched Threads