michele nana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
International exams (IGCSE and International A levels) will still take place as normal right? since nothing has been said for international centers
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Something has been said, it depends on where you live: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...us-update.html
Last edited by _Mia101; 1 year ago
michele nana
Rep:
?
Thank you,
so if I understand it well if in Cyprus (where I live) school is open then exams will take place and if they remain closed then we won't and our results will go by the same system as in the UK.
do you think schools will open not just around the world but also in the UK?
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, essentially. However, what you don't know is whether if schools open just before the exams... say a week or two whether exams will go on in Cyprus.
For the UK whether schools open of not (which seems unlikely) exams will not happen as the government said all summer exams are cancelled.
I don't know what will happen in the rest of the world. Personally, I don't think many schools will open apart from maybe China as the situation just seems to be getting worse and worse... but that's just me.
maya xo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _Mia101)
Yes, essentially. However, what you don't know is whether if schools open just before the exams... say a week or two whether exams will go on in Cyprus.
For the UK whether schools open of not (which seems unlikely) exams will not happen as the government said all summer exams are cancelled.
I don't know what will happen in the rest of the world. Personally, I don't think many schools will open apart from maybe China as the situation just seems to be getting worse and worse... but that's just me.
schools are closed in kenya and i don't know when they will reopen. Does that mean we are still doing exams or?
michele nana
Rep:
?
(Original post by maya xo)
schools are closed in kenya and i don't know when they will reopen. Does that mean we are still doing exams or?
if they remain closed until the exam days then no.
But if they open then yes.
At this point like for me here in Cyprus its a wait and see, and of course study in the meantime just in case schools open.
StaplerLover8912
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I'm taking UK exam boards but in a different country? Will we still take the exams?
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StaplerLover8912)
If I'm taking UK exam boards but in a different country? Will we still take the exams?
The link in the second post addresses this if you are doing Edexcel.
CAIE has said their exams will continue.
StaplerLover8912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"UK GCSE and GCE A Level which will not have exams in any country in May/June 2020." Will this still stand even if my school opens again?
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"UK GCSE and GCE A Level which will not have exams in any country in May/June 2020." Will this still stand even if my school opens again?
Does your school do gcse/ gce a level or igcse/ial?
Those are two different things gcses and gce a levels will not be happening anywhere in the world afaik even if the school is open. However, IGCSE and IAL will be happening if the school is open.
StaplerLover8912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _Mia101)
Does your school do gcse/ gce a level or igcse/ial?
Those are two different things gcses and gce a levels will not be happening anywhere in the world afaik even if the school is open. However, IGCSE and IAL will be happening if the school is open.
95% sure we are doing GCE
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
95% sure we are doing GCE
Well, I advise you contact your school/exam centre on Monday to confirm, but if you are doing GCE then there won't be any exams.
Last edited by _Mia101; 1 year ago
shanchai
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys will edexcel Ial May/June exams take place in India ?
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A new thread just announced that IB Diploma has been cancelled, so I would now be very surprised if any international exams survive.

Welcome to the Thunderdome.
fiastudies
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What about international students sitting GCSE exams such as GCSE Edexcel History?
michele nana
Rep:
?
(Original post by shanchai)
Guys will edexcel Ial May/June exams take place in India ?
If your schools open and the area/country is safe then yes
but if they do not open then they will not happen and your grades will be awarded using the same system as the Uk
username4965696
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is the exact rules for that. Ie if school is closed for the first half of the exams and reopens during the exam period, will exams resume?
maya xo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by michele nana)
If your schools open and the area/country is safe then yes
but if they do not open then they will not happen and your grades will be awarded using the same system as the Uk
what about private candidates sitting igcse? what will happen?
michele nana
Rep:
?
(Original post by maya xo)
what about private candidates sitting igcse? what will happen?
I do not know but I am pretty sure that the teachers will be working with the exam boards and give them grades based on the work that they have given so far.
maya xo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by michele nana)
I do not know but I am pretty sure that the teachers will be working with the exam boards and give them grades based on the work that they have given so far.
i don't go to a school im homeschooled
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.46%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.13%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (66)
42.31%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (38)
24.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.69%

Watched Threads