Golf1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Currently doing an extended diploma in IT, I’m just wondering does anyone know the current situation if the BTEC’s have been truly cancelled as we haven’t had any updates from college, we’ve just been told to carry on with assignments
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you’ve been told to carry on with assignments, then do that. You don’t want to end up jeopardising your future and missing deadlines, with the off-chance that it might be cancelled. Carry on as normal and just sit tight until you receive news.
geeko123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd say carry on and you will receive more news next week. Teachers are probably stressing about dealing with the whole unravelling of the situation and will probs get back to u next week.
Golf1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by geeko123456)
I'd say carry on and you will receive more news next week. Teachers are probably stressing about dealing with the whole unravelling of the situation and will probs get back to u next week.
Yeah I think Pearson will announce something with regards to this in due course, so far they have only addressed the cancellation of exams but have mentioned nothing about coursework, just going to continue until they update us
geeko123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Golf1234)
Yeah I think Pearson will announce something with regards to this in due course, so far they have only addressed the cancellation of exams but have mentioned nothing about coursework, just going to continue until they update us
To be fair it is still very early days and i would imagine that they just announced it to give everyone an update as to what they are doing, but wont have decided on the details. however i think we will still do coursework.
gpop2436
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just got off the phone with Pearson the only information they had was coursework continues, and when I questioned about IT units that can’t be done at home they said to call up the college and ask because it depends on them? Wtf is the point in being the exam board if colleges can do what they want. I mean BTEC should be easy we have submitted work already they can just close the course and actually give us an accurate grade unlike A levels and GCSEs which are random guessing at best.
LeMetalhead
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gpop2436)
I just got off the phone with Pearson the only information they had was coursework continues, and when I questioned about IT units that can’t be done at home they said to call up the college and ask because it depends on them? Wtf is the point in being the exam board if colleges can do what they want. I mean BTEC should be easy we have submitted work already they can just close the course and actually give us an accurate grade unlike A levels and GCSEs which are random guessing at best.
Lol that's such a BTEC thing to do "uhhhh i dunno, our job is to complicate things that's it"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (324)
34.43%
No (617)
65.57%

Watched Threads