Electric scooter nearly seized

Watch
David Platt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So In about july 2019 we went on these electric scooters on holiday in spain and it was actually sick. In august 2019 got back and thought that was sick so I when I got back to england I checked the prices of them thinking they were going to cost a fortune but they arent too bad. I brought 2 for just over 1k and I used it at the train station a few days ago but a security guard shouted, "get off the scooter please" so I went over to him then he said fold it up or Ill take it. I have checked the law and they are banned in public which I didnt know. Its just annoying because Ive spent a fair bit of money on them but cant use it. What are you meant to do use them on the driveway, no Its for fun and using at the train station if you dont like walking. I wasnt going to use it to go fully home just to go to our car then put them in the boot and go home. So annoying 🤬
Last edited by David Platt; 6 months ago
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you're sick you're supposed to be self isolating, not committing crimes.
David Platt
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
If you're sick you're supposed to be self isolating, not committing crimes.
It was a few days ago, tuesday I think it was, I didny know its against the law.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It was all over the news last summer that electric scooters are illegal after YouTuber Emily Hartridge was killed on hers; she was in a collision with a lorry.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I read the other day they're looking to trial them in a few UK cities, but still need to sort out the registration/licence/insurance deal.

But banned till then with hoverboards, mini motos and petrol skates.
David Platt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
It was all over the news last summer that electric scooters are illegal after YouTuber Emily Hartridge was killed on hers; she was in a collision with a lorry.
Oh I didnt know, Ive just checked it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
15.1%
I'm not sure (16)
3.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.64%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46%

Watched Threads