stuart5971
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Given the Covid-19 pandemic, how long do you think it shall take Universities in the UK to respond to applicants?

Will the next academic year starting in September even happen?
mtsot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by stuart5971)
Given the Covid-19 pandemic, how long do you think it shall take Universities in the UK to respond to applicants?

Will the next academic year starting in September even happen?
Hi! I can only speak from my personal experience with regard to your first question. The decision timeline for some courses has been extended by 2-3 weeks, but because of the volume of applications.
Till now, I have not experienced any Covid-19 related disruptions, except for not being able to call the Universities and having to wait a lot in order to receive a reply to my emails. However, I completed my applications almost 2 months ago. I do not know what will happen with just-completed applications.

When did you apply?
stuart5971
Rep:
?
I sent off my application to UCL mid Feb and my references got sent by 5th March.

I have also failed to call and get in touch with Universities myself.
stuart5971
Rep:
?
(Original post by mtsot)
Hi! I can only speak from my personal experience with regard to your first question. The decision timeline for some courses has been extended by 2-3 weeks, but because of the volume of applications.
Till now, I have not experienced any Covid-19 related disruptions, except for not being able to call the Universities and having to wait a lot in order to receive a reply to my emails. However, I completed my applications almost 2 months ago. I do not know what will happen with just-completed applications.

When did you apply?

I sent off my application to UCL mid Feb and my references got sent by 5th March.

I have also failed to call and get in touch with Universities myself
mtsot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by stuart5971)

I have also failed to call and get in touch with Universities myself
I see. In this case, some delays may occur. Hopefully, someone else will have information to share
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads