not2friedplz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, could anyone from the team please clear some doubts I curently have?
I'm trying to apply as an EEA migrant worker, I've therefore downloaded a PN1 form from gov.uk website.

However at B3 I'm asked to send a non-UK passport which I'm not really confident sending as it would cost me hundreds if it gets lost. Can I send my National ID Card instead? I'm asking this because I haven't seen it mentioned as an option on the form, but I've seen staff here talking about it so I wanted to know if it's a valid option in my case, maybe should add an additional note?

Also, another thing that is not completely clear to me: is there any other evidence I need to send with the form besides my ID?

Lastly, I've asked for a specific amount of £4289 on the maintenance loan part since I don't think I could get anything more than that
(which to my knowledge should be the non-income assessed amount for students not living with parents outside London, right?) as both my parents and I will be working during the year... Is that ok?

Hopefuly I'll have more luck this time around and get my questions answered... Thanks
Amy SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by not2friedplz)
Hello, could anyone from the team please clear some doubts I curently have?
I'm trying to apply as an EEA migrant worker, I've therefore downloaded a PN1 form from gov.uk website.

However at B3 I'm asked to send a non-UK passport which I'm not really confident sending as it would cost me hundreds if it gets lost. Can I send my National ID Card instead? I'm asking this because I haven't seen it mentioned as an option on the form, but I've seen staff here talking about it so I wanted to know if it's a valid option in my case, maybe should add an additional note?

Also, another thing that is not completely clear to me: is there any other evidence I need to send with the form besides my ID?

Lastly, I've asked for a specific amount of £4289 on the maintenance loan part since I don't think I could get anything more than that
(which to my knowledge should be the non-income assessed amount for students not living with parents outside London, right?) as both my parents and I will be working during the year... Is that ok?

Hopefuly I'll have more luck this time around and get my questions answered... Thanks
Hi there,

If you are going to be working in the UK throughout your studies, then we can assess you for funding as a Migrant Worker. We would need the following evidence:

Paper PN1 form, original ID card or passport, Last 3 months payslips (if available), Most recent P60 (if available), A copy of your contract of employment, this will need to confirm the following; employment start date, contracted hours per week, be signed and dated by a member of HR or your manager.

If you are under 25 and wish for your application to be income assessed you will need to get your parents to complete the PFF2 form to provide their financial details to support your application. They can find the form here.

Thanks, Amy
not2friedplz
Rep:
?
I'd like to start thanking you for your reply, Amy! I hope you can help me through a few further issues that arose within this month.

Due to the high uncertainty we're currently experiencing and the way the viral outbreak is evolving, I'm finding my plans potentially derailed from their initial intention, therefore, I'm not completely sure I'll be able to find a job before my course starts.

For the sake of helping you better assess my personal situation, I thought I'd point out that I can easily be living in the UK before 1st September (one eligibility criteria), I was living in the UK on the 1st January 2020, and that I've already been working in the country for more than one year and a half, however, I'm currently unemployed. Now, hoping these informations help you better assess my case, I'd like to ask you about this information I've found on various institutional websites:

"You can gain 'worker' status part way through the academic year. In the case of Levin (Case 53/81), the ECJ held that: [...]"

Could you confirm me that, even though I'm not exactly working before my course starts, I can still gain full access to the migrant worker status if say, I find a job in October, November...?

Given these informations, do you think I would be eligible?

Also, no, if I am eligible I'd prefer to keep things simpler and have my funding not to be income-assessed, how do I proceed?

Looking forward to your reply, Thanks!
Last edited by not2friedplz; 1 year ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd like to start thanking you for your reply, Amy! I hope you can help me through a few further issues that arose within this month.

Due to the high uncertainty we're currently experiencing and the way the viral outbreak is evolving, I'm finding my plans potentially derailed from their initial intention, therefore, I'm not completely sure I'll be able to find a job before my course starts.

For the sake of helping you better assess my personal situation, I thought I'd point out that I can easily be living in the UK before 1st September (one eligibility criteria), I was living in the UK on the 1st January 2020, and that I've already been working in the country for more than one year and a half, however, I'm currently unemployed. Now, hoping these informations help you better assess my case, I'd like to ask you about this information I've found on various institutional websites:

"You can gain 'worker' status part way through the academic year. In the case of Levin (Case 53/81), the ECJ held that: [...]"

Could you confirm me that, even though I'm not exactly working before my course starts, I can still gain full access to the migrant worker status if say, I find a job in October, November...?

Also, no to keep things simpler I would like my funding not to be income-assessed, how do I proceed?

Looking forward to your reply, Thanks!
Hi there,

No you won't receive the full Maintenance Loan if you start working after September, the funding will be pro rated, you won't be eligible for the Maintenance Loan for the days you didn't work.

If you do not want to be income assessed then you should not input any sponsor details on the application form.
Thanks, Isaac.
not2friedplz
Rep:
?
Oh, I see, so I wouldn't be eligible for the full amount but I'd still be eligible for a fraction of the amount calculated on a pro-rata basis? Thanks for your useful information!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, I see, so I wouldn't be eligible for the full amount but I'd still be eligible for a fraction of the amount calculated on a pro-rata basis? Thanks for your useful information!
Yes that is correct
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
9.52%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
42.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
14.29%

Watched Threads