Is this whole Covid-19 situation going to affect 2020/21 Grad scheme applications?

Watch
Hellomoto12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If so, how severely in your opinion?

I'm going to graduate in 2021 with a degree in Comp Sci, however now I'm beginning to wonder what it's going to be like when trying to find myself a job in the field...

What do you guys think?
Drew1948
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure about next year but would expect job search to be a bit harder, depending on the economical impact of the virus mate...
Hellomoto12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Drew1948)
Not sure about next year but would expect job search to be a bit harder, depending on the economical impact of the virus mate...
They're already so competitive, all of the unprecedented stuff just makes it harder for everyone...
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes, 100%. Unemployment will almost certainly be higher. I'd strongly advise doing everything you can to bolster your CV and try and secure part-time work now if possible.
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
you grad next yr .well be not too far off human testing for a cure/vaccine to corona by then, so I wouldn't worry ... esp when you're getting a degree in comp sci, unless you live in some small town/village, you should be alright.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (245)
60.64%
No (83)
20.54%
Not sure (76)
18.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed