Harris0795
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, eligibility criteria for SFE Masters Loan says I can be an EU resident who's been living in the EU - which I am; a French resident whose been living and studying in France for the past 3 years. This will be my first masters, and will be in the UK in a permanent UK residence. However when I fill out the SFE online form it tells me I cannot apply for a loan, without which I won't be able to afford the masters. Please can somebody explain this?
Last edited by Harris0795; 1 year ago
Amy SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Harris0795)
Hi, eligibility criteria for SFE Masters Loan says I can be an EU resident who's been living in the EU - which I am; a French resident whose been living and studying in France for the past 3 years. This will be my first masters, and will be in the UK in a permanent UK residence. However when I fill out the SFE online form it tells me I cannot apply for a loan, without which I won't be able to afford the masters. Please can somebody explain this?
Hi there,

To be eligible you must meet the following criteria;

EU domicile students must be an EEA or Swiss national on the first day of the first academic year of their course in England. These students are not required to be resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of their course.

Therefore, if you are an EU National and have been living in the EU for 3 years and in England for your course starting you will be eligible.

Thanks, Amy
Harris0795
Rep:
?
Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for your reply. This is a huge relief and very helpful.
Yes I can confirm that I am an EU domicile student who is an EEA national on the first day of the the first academic year of my course. Just to reiterate - I am applying for the Postgraduate SFE Loan. I will be living in a permanent residence in England when my course starts (September 2020).

Do you know why, when I try to apply online through my account on the SFE portal (CRN: 91463627563) it says I am not eligible for a loan and cannot apply? Phone lines are down of course due the extraordinary circumstances right now, but I am nervous I will not be able to resolve this before the May 15th deadline.

Thank you so much for your help.

Harris
Harris0795
Rep:
?
Could the problem be that I haven't yet begun the course, as it begins in 11/2020? Do you have to have already started your postgraduate degree before you can apply for the loan?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Harris0795)
Could the problem be that I haven't yet begun the course, as it begins in 11/2020? Do you have to have already started your postgraduate degree before you can apply for the loan?
Hi Harris, apologies for the delay in responding to your query. The postgraduate loan application does not open until the end of June. You won't be able to apply until then.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads