Worried about lack of access to medication

Watch
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My GP surgery refuses to prescribe me more than 1 month's worth of antidepressants. I'm worried that over the upcoming months, GP surgeries and pharmacies will start to close so I won't be able to get my medication. Is anyone else worried about this?

If I can't get the medication, the withdrawals are awful. Should I try and taper of the meds myself incase this happens? It would be better than having to go cold-turkey all of a sudden.
Joe1000000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pharmacies aren't going to close, they provide an essential service. It may be that you're not allowed in and they serve you at the door, but we will see what happens.

Talk to your GP about getting even a 2 month supply per prescription, unless there's a reason they won't give you more at once?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
My GP surgery refuses to prescribe me more than 1 month's worth of antidepressants. I'm worried that over the upcoming months, GP surgeries and pharmacies will start to close so I won't be able to get my medication. Is anyone else worried about this?

If I can't get the medication, the withdrawals are awful. Should I try and taper of the meds myself incase this happens? It would be better than having to go cold-turkey all of a sudden.
What’s the medicine for? I’m a student in a pharmacy and imo some times we can offer a month in advance depending on the item
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.12%
No (69)
39.88%

Watched Threads