Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
With the Uni's closed due to COVID-19, should I be paying my next terms rent for my accommodation. I've moved back home, and in private halls.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
With the Uni's closed due to COVID-19, should I be paying my next terms rent for my accommodation. I've moved back home, and in private halls.
If its possible to still occupy your room, then you have a valid contract and they will require you to pay. Private halls are much stricter than uni ones. You can ask or try not to pay, but I doubt they will be happy.

If the Hall have told you can no longer stay there or you have been told to leave then that is another matter.

Read your licence agreement from when booking.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If its possible to still occupy your room, then you have a valid contract and they will require you to pay. Private halls are much stricter than uni ones. You can ask or try not to pay, but I doubt they will be happy.

If the Hall have told you can no longer stay there or you have been told to leave then that is another matter.

Read your licence agreement from when booking.
Thank you, I will check however I find it difficult to understand how they can expect students to Pay for a services they are not using due to government restrictions.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, I will check however I find it difficult to understand how they can expect students to Pay for a services they are not using due to government restrictions.
The difference is if you have been ordered to move out, then you are being denied the right to use your room and should expect a refund. If you are still allowed to use your room then you are still liable because its your choice to use your room or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (205)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (56)
14.29%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (131)
33.42%

Watched Threads