krsoleya
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Will Clearing happen in 2020 even though we didnt do our exams. wanted to improve from my predicted grades in the exams but since the exams have been cancelled I cant do that.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Nobody can say with any certainty as there are unknown factors. How strict will the marking be and how lenient will the universities be. If universities are more lenient with grades then there is likely to be fewer places in clearing. Already a number of universities have turned firm offers into unconditionals. The only known fact is that in past years most universities and courses were in clearing. What is also known from previous years is that only 9% exceed their predicted grades whilst 75% didnt achieve them. In past years most universities have accepted students with lower than their published grades so even though many had actual grades below the published requirement they got accepted but this year nobody really knows. If I was to guess I would think clearing will be likely but that is a personal feeling and dont rely on that. What offers are you holding for what subject and what grades do you think you will be given. You do have the option of declining all your offers and applying through ucas extra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.43%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (130)
37.14%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (36)
10.29%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
5.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed