The Student Room Group

After my Undergraduate degree.

After I finish my undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance, do I have to apply in the same field for my Masters or can I choose a different subject such as Business or Marketing
Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya
After I finish my undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance, do I have to apply in the same field for my Masters or can I choose a different subject such as Business or Marketing

You can apply for any masters course that you want to. The limitation would be on any requirements that the specific masters course requires.
Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya

Hi @Raisul_Bhuiya!

As @Joe1000000 says, you can technically apply for any Masters course you want. However, as with undergraduate degrees, each course will have specific requirements.

Most PG courses ask for an undergraduate degree in the discipline you want to study or "a related discipline". What counts as a related discipline varies from university to university but, for example, English Literature and History are often considered related disciplines because they are both Humanities subjects, and have some crossover in terms of subject matter, theory, and methodology.

I imagine you'll find that most Business/Marketing Masters courses will consider your degree in Accounting and Finance to be a related discipline but it's best to check with the admissions teams at the universities you're interested in studying at.

Hope that helps but do ask if you have any other queries!

Amy :smile:
Original post by Keele University
Hi @Raisul_Bhuiya!

As @Joe1000000 says, you can technically apply for any Masters course you want. However, as with undergraduate degrees, each course will have specific requirements.

Most PG courses ask for an undergraduate degree in the discipline you want to study or "a related discipline". What counts as a related discipline varies from university to university but, for example, English Literature and History are often considered related disciplines because they are both Humanities subjects, and have some crossover in terms of subject matter, theory, and methodology.

I imagine you'll find that most Business/Marketing Masters courses will consider your degree in Accounting and Finance to be a related discipline but it's best to check with the admissions teams at the universities you're interested in studying at.

Hope that helps but do ask if you have any other queries!

Amy :smile:

It does help a lot, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending