Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How do ya get rid of acne or spots?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Contraception pills. Multi 2 part pill.

Your acne will go within 14 days
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Try Witch Hazel, it worked for me personally. You can find it in Superdrugs and i think boots should sell it too.
HS_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Y45RAH)
How do ya get rid of acne or spots?
I'd suggest u go see ur GP if u can (take caution) and they can prescribe you antibiotics - if it's severe acne then u could ask them to consider giving u roaccutane
medscorer2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try dabbing chamomile cream on your big spots and leave on to dry overnight
hannahgeo123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you would rather not go to your GP at this time (or can't) boots have an online acne clinic where they can ask a few simple questions and prescribe the medication. It costs more but its not extortionate.
victoriu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
aloe vera gel helps and avoid having dairy products like milk and cheese
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HS_1)
I'd suggest u go see ur GP if u can (take caution) and they can prescribe you antibiotics - if it's severe acne then u could ask them to consider giving u roaccutane
sounds like a wonderful use of a GP's time during a deadly pandemic
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
sounds like a wonderful use of a GP's time during a deadly pandemic
ahahah exactly but still thanks
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoriu)
aloe vera gel helps and avoid having dairy products like milk and cheese
i've tried aloe vera that just helps my scars go away, ya see i like popping ma spots soo ye. And thanks!!
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahgeo123)
If you would rather not go to your GP at this time (or can't) boots have an online acne clinic where they can ask a few simple questions and prescribe the medication. It costs more but its not extortionate.
Would you able to send me the link? Thanks!!
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by medscorer2020)
Try dabbing chamomile cream on your big spots and leave on to dry overnight
Ok, I have sensitive skin would i get a breakout with it and thanks!!
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by HS_1)
Thanks!! But with coronavirus around hmm, but still thanks
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Try Witch Hazel, it worked for me personally. You can find it in Superdrugs and i think boots should sell it too.
Ok, Thanks!! but Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Contraception pills. Multi 2 part pill.

Your acne will go within 14 days
I've searched up on google and it's to do with female hormones, and s*x ??? but still Thanks!
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot guys for the helpful advice, appreciate it!! =)
ta225
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Y45RAH)
I've searched up on google and it's to do with female hormones, and s*x ??? but still Thanks!
Yes but if you are a girl then it will probably work. One of the factors that causes acne is a high concentration of androgens (aka male hormones) that cause increased sebum production. The combined pill reduces the concentration of androgens and therefore acne.

This is why acne is generally more common in males than females as they have a higher androgen concentration.
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Be extra careful with the advice you got. Acne can be due to a lot of things, mostly hormones which contraception pills can help, but can be caused by a lot of things. Antibiotics can increase your resistance. Putting some cream can make your skin more oily and easier to get more acne. Alcohol-based stuff can dry your skin and make it sensitive. Some acne med can help it disappear in a few days, but it will come back more violently.
Research well before applying anything onto your face. I won't give advice because I'm not your GP, and I also went through that phase of desperately trying all I can to get rid of acne only to make it worse.
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by ta225)
Yes but if you are a girl then it will probably work. One of the factors that causes acne is a high concentration of androgens (aka male hormones) that cause increased sebum production. The combined pill reduces the concentration of androgens and therefore acne.

This is why acne is generally more common in males than females as they have a higher androgen concentration.
Am a gurl and ya saying if i take these pills it'll calm ma acne down or probs get rid of them?
Y45RAH
Rep:
?
(Original post by ta225)

Hehhh but i'm confused, how did i get male hormones in my body now??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (291)
34.15%
No (561)
65.85%

Watched Threads