The Student Room Group

My Acne Is Sooo Bad, Helppp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
Sudocrem and duac gel

I tried sudocream it didn't do anything and would that gel burn my face?
Reply 61
Definitely not! It wouldn’t. It’s safe even for sensitive skin, I would just not use it for the whole week if you have sensitive skin. Leave a few days out each week

So your saying, to uses it one day but then miss a day or two and then apply it again.
I had acne when I was younger and the thing that helped me in the long-term was the contraceptive pill, if you’re a female and you’ve had your periods for a while your doctor might recommend it. It is a contraceptive, but that’s not the only reason people take it.

You could try some of the creams and stuff others have suggested just now, while the coronavirus is going on and then when your GP’s are taking non-urgent appointments again go and see them then? Just because people are suggesting you go doesn’t necessarily mean you should go right now. You can go later in the year if acne still bothers you. There are creams you can buy over the counter to help with acne (look in boots or similar, some of these id help me a bit).
For scars, aloe vera. For new spots, apply sudocrem as soon as you see it. And get yourself a good moisturiser to use every morning and night, for me, Aveeno works amazingly. But it depends on your skin type.
Reply 64
Original post by independentx
I had acne when I was younger and the thing that helped me in the long-term was the contraceptive pill, if you’re a female and you’ve had your periods for a while your doctor might recommend it. It is a contraceptive, but that’s not the only reason people take it.

You could try some of the creams and stuff others have suggested just now, while the coronavirus is going on and then when your GP’s are taking non-urgent appointments again go and see them then? Just because people are suggesting you go doesn’t necessarily mean you should go right now. You can go later in the year if acne still bothers you. There are creams you can buy over the counter to help with acne (look in boots or similar, some of these id help me a bit).

Ok, Thanks!! But some of the creams and stuff may burn my face and I've never tooken them pills; however, many people have suggested them to me so i'll give it a shot. Also, i have remaining scares do you think the pills would help with those?
Original post by Y45RAH
How do ya get rid of acne or spots?

tee tree oil
Reply 66
For scars, aloe vera. For new spots, apply sudocrem as soon as you see it. And get yourself a good moisturiser to use every morning and night, for me, Aveeno works amazingly. But it depends on your skin type.

Thanks! but aveeno leaves behind this thing on face i can't really describe, also the moisturisers can you recommend any good ones?
no one suggested accutane?
Reply 68
Original post by Templatesun
no one suggested accutane?

I'm sure someone did, are those the pills?
I would advise avoiding products which claim certain witch-doctor stuff. Great products to use are any products containing salicylic acid. You can find a product by Johnsons which I used and my acne was controlled. I have seen people recommending witch products but bare in mind this could be a bit harsh on sensitive skin. Also, eat a healthy diet as this will reduce severity of acne. Most importantly, remember that acne does not define anything about you as it is a temporary thing in everyones lives and anyone who makes a big deal about it isn't worth talking to and/ or probably has issues of their own.
Reply 70
Original post by gardener129
I would advise avoiding products which claim certain witch-doctor stuff. Great products to use are any products containing salicylic acid. You can find a product by Johnsons which I used and my acne was controlled. I have seen people recommending witch products but bare in mind this could be a bit harsh on sensitive skin. Also, eat a healthy diet as this will reduce severity of acne. Most importantly, remember that acne does not define anything about you as it is a temporary thing in everyones lives and anyone who makes a big deal about it isn't worth talking to and/ or probably has issues of their own.

Thank You!! :smile:
Reply 71
https://youtu.be/eTxWIUm_xq4
https://youtu.be/3R6MnDB6HDo

I struggled for years and years with terrible skin and then I when on a combined pill which helped a bit but not completely and then my mum said she saw this lady on This Morning. Omg.. you would not think a flannel would work but it absolutely does! please watch them and do what she says! 😊
As long as with the other suggestions as long as you have mild acne. (If you have severe acne I suggest you go to the GP first to get prescribed antibiotics).
Try Neutrogena® Refreshingly Clear Facial Wash 200ml.
Was recommended by my dermatologist. And works great it used daily.
Also key tips are, drink a lot of water, don't touch your face, use a separate towel just for your face.

If you really want to get rid of a spot really urgently then using putting toothpaste overnight will work but just know that it will cause scars.
Reply 73
Original post by mw226
https://youtu.be/eTxWIUm_xq4
https://youtu.be/3R6MnDB6HDo

I struggled for years and years with terrible skin and then I when on a combined pill which helped a bit but not completely and then my mum said she saw this lady on This Morning. Omg.. you would not think a flannel would work but it absolutely does! please watch them and do what she says! 😊

ahahhaahah!!! Thanks soo much, i died laughing at Phillips face oh god :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by jj.repinec
As long as with the other suggestions as long as you have mild acne. (If you have severe acne I suggest you go to the GP first to get prescribed antibiotics).
Try Neutrogena® Refreshingly Clear Facial Wash 200ml.
Was recommended by my dermatologist. And works great it used daily.
Also key tips are, drink a lot of water, don't touch your face, use a separate towel just for your face.

If you really want to get rid of a spot really urgently then using putting toothpaste overnight will work but just know that it will cause scars.

Ohh, oki! Thanks you :smile:
Original post by Y45RAH
Ohh, oki! Thanks you :smile:

No problem. You can try any product from Neutrogena's Clear & Defend Range (contains salicylic acid) and Visibly Clear Range.

Quick Reply

Latest