My teacher is retweeting hatred about Conservative supporters, what to do?

Watch
Lewiscccccccccc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My teacher, on his public twitter, is retweeting nasty stuff about Conservatives such as "vermin tory *******" "piece of ****" "**** him" "****ing bootlickers" "****ing pathetic". I find this really offensive and appalling. What can I do get someone to stop this behaviour?
He is a terrible teacher. He's constantly on Twitter during lessons tweeting this vile hatred, and when he can be bothered to 'teach' us, he just indoctrinates us and complains about his salary. What can I do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lewiscccccccccc)
My teacher, on his public twitter, is retweeting nasty stuff about Conservatives such as "vermin tory *******" "piece of ****" "**** him" "****ing bootlickers" "****ing pathetic". I find this really offensive and appalling. What can I do get someone to stop this behaviour?
He is a terrible teacher. He's constantly on Twitter during lessons tweeting this vile hatred, and when he can be bothered to 'teach' us, he just indoctrinates us and complains about his salary. What can I do?
Can you tell his mum he has been a naughty boy plus report him to the head teacher for not being very good? If you believe it is an actual hate crime and poses a risk, then you can also report him to the police.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
unfollow him on twitter
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd report it to the head of the school if you have proof that it's his account.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just simply unfollow or block them which will stop you from seeing the tweets they post (:
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be honest, I'd probably do nothing. Stuff like that is pretty common within education and academia, unfortunately. You'll find plenty of university lecturers retweeting similar things.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He shouldn't be using social media on his phone while he is teaching a class.
You can always download some of his tweets and share them with your parents, the Head Teacher or the Teaching Regulation Agency.
Or the Daily Mail if your really detest him.
mysticmagic2000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably the mature response is to ignore, however when I was in sixth form, and being the rebellious prick I was, I didn't.

I found out that my Spanish teacher had, during the time that Allende was president (a communist leader) in Chile, supported him in strikes in Ecuador and very much was a strong leftist. Me being an immature 17/18 year decided to try annoy her for about two years, for absolutely no reason because she was a lovely women, and always use to talk about rightist ideologies in class etc. At the end of the a level course, we had to do our IRP and I decided to do a presentation of why the American intervention in Chile was creating democracy rather than hindering it. Despite being politically correct and allowing me to do the project, her face said wonders and to this day, I keep in touch with her.XD (I did really well in the IRP tbf tho)
Last edited by mysticmagic2000; 1 week ago
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
He shouldn't be using social media on his phone while he is teaching a class.
You can always download some of his tweets and share them with your parents, the Head Teacher or the Teaching Regulation Agency.
Or the Daily Mail if your really detest him.
I think that everyone should have the right to their own opinions and that is what he is doing. Yes, I don't agree with what he says but there his opinions (it's a shame the left don't let the right have an opinion but I'm a big believer in freedom of speech and expression). However, you are correct. He should in no way be using social media in the middle of his lessons. OP I suggest that you screenshot tweets and the times they were posted (not sure how twitter works as I don't use it but it should have features saying when something was posted). Compile the evidence showing it was posted in lesson time and show it to his higher-ups. They won't care about what he's posting, just when he's doing it.

EDIT - posted my response twice so deleting duplicate
Last edited by Capitalist_Lamb; 1 week ago
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:toofunny:
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Regardless of someone's political leanings, doling out that sort of abuse on social media isn't appropriate for anyone working in a public sector job. Ultimately you could raise it with the headteacher or something - depends whether your school is independent, an academy or whatever.
Lewiscccccccccc
Rep:
?
(Original post by L i b)
Regardless of someone's political leanings, doling out that sort of abuse on social media isn't appropriate for anyone working in a public sector job. Ultimately you could raise it with the headteacher or something - depends whether your school is independent, an academy or whatever.
Completely agree. it's really disgusting to see it. Knowing he has that level of hatred for me and everyone like me. I would never say anything like that about, say, a Labour supporter. It's actually disgusting as hell. I bet the headteacher would support him though... so it would be useless. I get the impression 90% of ppl who work in schools are just fanatic lefties because they think they'll get more money off a labour gov.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"I would never saying anything like that about the fanatic lefties" :rolleyes:
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'll pardon me for taking your allegations with a pinch of salt. It simply sounds a bit too fantastical.
TheStarboy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Completely agree. it's really disgusting to see it. Knowing he has that level of hatred for me and everyone like me. I would never say anything like that about, say, a Labour supporter. It's actually disgusting as hell. I bet the headteacher would support him though... so it would be useless. I get the impression 90% of ppl who work in schools are just fanatic lefties because they think they'll get more money off a labour gov.
> I would never say that about a labour supporter
> everyone who woke in schools are fanatic lefties.

Well, ain’t you a hypocrite?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Didn't happen of the year award
Captain.boaty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is why freedom of speech is important. It helps us find out who the intolerant people are and helps us stay away from them rather than pushing the ideas underground where they may flourish.

Just unfollow and know the person does not have an open mind or respect for those with differing values.
Lewiscccccccccc
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheStarboy)
> I would never say that about a labour supporter
> everyone who woke in schools are fanatic lefties.

Well, ain’t you a hypocrite?
'Fanatic lefties' does not make me hypocritical. It's a statement of fact based on my experience in school. Most of my teachers, whenever there is an opportunity, attempt to bring us towards the left. And that's literally nothing compared to calling people "****ing tory *******s" on a public twitter account.
Lewiscccccccccc
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Didn't happen of the year award
yes it did and I would show you a screen shot but i'm sure you would be pathetic enough to tell him.
Lewiscccccccccc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
You'll pardon me for taking your allegations with a pinch of salt. It simply sounds a bit too fantastical.
You're saying im lying about him retweeting those things?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (188)
32.36%
No (393)
67.64%

Watched Threads