medicwanna_b
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

Any international students in here? I was just wondering if you guys had any good resources are that specific for international students? I see lots of resources for domestic applicants but none for internationals... any help?
John Wick11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What sort of resource are you looking for?
The application process is the same as for domestic students.
The resources should be the same.
It’s just much much more competitive for int’l students as there are fewer places.
medicwanna_b
Rep:
?
Visas? Where to apply? Which courses? What grades? How to get scholarship?
medicwanna_b
Rep:
?
Fees?
John Wick11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Visa, fees, scholarship - pretty sure most of that info is on the uni web sites.
singzeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by John Wick11)
What sort of resource are you looking for?
The application process is the same as for domestic students.
The resources should be the same.
It’s just much much more competitive for int’l students as there are fewer places.
(Original post by John Wick11)
Visa, fees, scholarship - pretty sure most of that info is on the uni web sites.
Agree fully with this.

I am an international student myself and I remember poring through loads of websites. But they all had the info that you (OP) have asked for. If you were looking for a mega compilation table that someone has done, then I'm afraid there isn't such a thing, or at least I've not seen it myself so far.

For scholarships, apart from the uni website, remember to check with your own government, as they might have something too.

Apart from that, if you still have any questions that was not answered on the unis' websites, then perhaps ask it within the specific uni's forum on TSR, so that it's more likely for people to pick it up. Alternatively, e-mail the relevant admissions office (although they may be pretty busy at the moment.)
Sriv4s21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello.I am from Oman and I’m currently in grade 12 under the CBSE curriculum.I was thinking of applying to the Lincoln pathway(A10L).Does anyone know their UCAT threshold and the number of international applicants that get accepted each year
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by medicwanna_b)
Hey guys,

Any international students in here? I was just wondering if you guys had any good resources are that specific for international students? I see lots of resources for domestic applicants but none for internationals... any help?
Hey medicwanna_b

Hoping this will help you out! I completely understand it must be tricky finding all the information you may need so I have given a link straight to our dedicated International Page. We have a specific International team who are on hand to support too so please don't hesitate to get in touch!

http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studyw...ionalstudents/

Have a lovely weekend

Lewis
hxneyb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi I'd like to know if there's anyone who's french and wants to study medicine in the UK or is a french student who managed to enter a UK medical school
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by hxneyb)
Hi I'd like to know if there's anyone who's french and wants to study medicine in the UK or is a french student who managed to enter a UK medical school
Better off posting in the medicine section ecolier
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Better off posting in the medicine section ecolier
:ta: very much :yy:

(Original post by hxneyb)
Yep you may meet other international students in this thread, or pop in this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6101390 to see if there are any other French students!
Gabbyss
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This year my friend plans to transfer to another university on 3 year. I worry that it will be difficult for him to study in English, because for the first 2 years he studied in his native language and doesn't know English so well. He faced the first problems when he began to prepare documents. He wrote a good admission essay, but he had to go to the proof reading service so that they could correct his scrambled errors (maybe this service is also useful to someone here, here is their website https://www.essayedge.com/mba-essay-editing/ ). I could not help him with this because I did not study medicine and could not correctly translate some terms and expressions. As far as I understood, he greatly changed his text so that everything was written correctly. Do you think this is a big problem for a foreign student to study medicine in English?
Last edited by Gabbyss; 11 months ago
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Gabbyss)
This year my friend plans to transfer to another university for 3 years. I worry that it will be difficult for him to study in English, because for the first 2 years he studied in his native language and doesn't know English so well. Do you think this is a big problem for a foreign student to study medicine in English?
Yes you'll certainly need to speak and understand English well enough to understand patients when you take a history from them; but then this will be assessed either as part of GCSE or during interviews.
conangxinhdep
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone ! I'm an International student and now I'm studying A level . I didn't study GCSE in Uk .( I did my secondary school in my hometown ) I want to apply Medicine this year but I don't have Gcse grades . Could I apply to Medice without GCSE ? or which university should I apply for ? Thanks
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey, this might be one for the medicine 2021 applicants thread.

You should check the universities’ websites and possibly email them - I’m sure you can apply, but you’ll need to check they accept whatever qualifications you do have.
rraayynnaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I would like to know if University of Leicester is a good place to study medicine for international students. Thank you !!!!
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rraayynnaa)
I would like to know if University of Leicester is a good place to study medicine for international students. Thank you !!!!
:hi: Best to post in this thread so other international students can join in.

What do you define as "good"? Is it a high proportion of other international students? Ease of travel to international airports?
Avinesh Ramesh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey everyone! I just wanted to know if there any fellow Malaysians that are currently doing A-levels and are interested to study medicine in the UK. In my current cohort in college I am the only one interested in studying medicine in university. Maybe we can connect with each other and share our experiences/ journey to getting accepted into a UK university. Thanks!
MayaRich
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm not Malaysian or studying medicine (doing Veterinary Med, hopefully) but I hope you find some others to connect with on here. Good luck! <3
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Avinesh Ramesh)
Hey everyone! I just wanted to know if there any fellow Malaysians that are currently doing A-levels and are interested to study medicine in the UK. In my current cohort in college I am the only one interested in studying medicine in university. Maybe we can connect with each other and share our experiences/ journey to getting accepted into a UK university. Thanks!
If there are, they should be in this thread!

:goodluck:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (11)
73.33%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
13.33%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
6.67%

Watched Threads