The Student Room Group

change the UK educational system for alevels/level 3

students over the UK, are being examined on their final grade on how much they can remember over their 2 years of doing Alevel/level 3. this does not show the full potential of thousands of students who still revise and work hard but still might get a bad final grade. teachers should be the one's who give students their final grade. as the teachers know students better. for example in finland teachers are highly valued. their pay is better. and they are the ones who give final grades. which makes finland one of the best countries of education and performace over the world.

help support this petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/sponsors/80474384/verify?token=GbCspwTPFwmlv1P13DnO
im not signing this i disagree there doing that for summer 2020 exams its a mess and a teacher could just give everyone a 9 or a A* at a level
Original post by viliamreis297
students over the UK, are being examined on their final grade on how much they can remember over their 2 years of doing Alevel/level 3. this does not show the full potential of thousands of students who still revise and work hard but still might get a bad final grade. teachers should be the one's who give students their final grade. as the teachers know students better. for example in finland teachers are highly valued. their pay is better. and they are the ones who give final grades. which makes finland one of the best countries of education and performace over the world.

help support this petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/sponsors/80474384/verify?token=GbCspwTPFwmlv1P13DnO

Terrible idea and subject to all sorts of prejudice, favouritism with the potential for inaccuracy and corruption.
Exams by external markers give an impartial assessment against the same standard.
A levels arent just about memory, but about application of knowledge as well.
Original post by 999tigger
Terrible idea and subject to all sorts of prejudice, favouritism with the potential for inaccuracy and corruption.
Exams by external markers give an impartial assessment against the same standard.

Agreed

PRSOM
Nah, if sleeping with ya teacher ( obviously legally) gets u an A star or top grades, this is basically what would happen if grades were not deduced via examination at the end of the course, ( please not my example is hyperbole but nonetheless, an example)

Yep. I was kinda a teacher pet, so they all gave me A* prediction. I did manage to get all of them but 1 (I gave up revising). A girl my year got A*AA prediction got sth like ABB, and my senior get C for history while he was predicted A (sadly, they all ended up in a place far from their dreams and were crushed when the results came out, getting their hopes high and all that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending