Which university should I choose among Nottingham, Glasgow, York, Leeds, Sheffield

Watch this thread
_0rest1s_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,
My name is Orestes and I come from Greece. To begin with, I applied for international relations and politics at the universities of Glasgow, York and Sheffield. I also applied for international relations and Chinese at the University of Leeds, and French and Politics at the University of Nottingham. Fortunately, I have all my offers already, but I just can't decide which university should I choose as my firm choice. I have watched many videos on YouTube and I have done a lot research on the above universities, but I still can't make up my mind where to study. Could you please help me to decide? Thank you, in advance for any help you can give.
Last edited by _0rest1s_; 2 years ago
elssssssssa
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _0rest1s_)
Hi everyone,
My name is Orestes and I come from Greece. To begin with, I applied for international relations and politics at the universities of Glasgow, York and Sheffield. I also applied for international relations and Chinese at the University of Leeds, and French and Politics at the University of Nottingham. Fortunately, I have all my offers already, but I just can't decide which university should I choose as my firm choice. I have watched many videos on YouTube and I have done a lot research on the above universities, but I still can't make up my mind where to study. Could you please help me to decide? Thank you, in advance for any help you can give.
Sounds like you are stuck so in this case I would choose based on the course you actually want to study.
kalina17
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone,
Heyyyyyy When did you receive your Glasgow offer ? Also what was their offer ?
I have applied to Glasgow and York as well out of all my unis only Glasgow has not replied and am getting worried.

Since you have a wide range of courses not just politics i suggest you pick the one that really really interests you and you will find interesting to further study. Maybe also look at different modules each one offers and compare in which uni you find most interesting topics. What I find really important is the the uni itself , like the accommodation available and where it is , as well as , their student satisfaction rates and how active Student Union is. Your course is important of course but , you will live there for the next 3 to 4 years so i believe its important to like the place too.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
The one that is (presumably) by far the cheapest.
_0rest1s_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by kalina17)
Heyyyyyy When did you receive your Glasgow offer ? Also what was their offer ?
I have applied to Glasgow and York as well out of all my unis only Glasgow has not replied and am getting worried.

Since you have a wide range of courses not just politics i suggest you pick the one that really really interests you and you will find interesting to further study. Maybe also look at different modules each one offers and compare in which uni you find most interesting topics. What I find really important is the the uni itself , like the accommodation available and where it is , as well as , their student satisfaction rates and how active Student Union is. Your course is important of course but , you will live there for the next 3 to 4 years so i believe its important to like the place too.
Heyy.. thank you for your response. Firstly, I received my offer from the University of Glasgow 3 weeks ago. However, I suggest you to be patient as many students, inculding my friends, have not received their offers yet. My offer was AAB and Apolytytion (greek school leaving certificate) 19/20 plus pass Ielts with 7 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in each component. Overall, I believe that it is a reasonable offer and certainly an achievable too. Unfortunately, A-levels and GCSE's have been cancelled, but even so, my predicted grades are good enough to ensure my entry at the University of Glasgow.
kalina17
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Heyy.. thank you for your response. Firstly, I received my offer from the University of Glasgow 3 weeks ago. However, I suggest you to be patient as many students, inculding my friends, have not received their offers yet. My offer was AAB and Apolytytion (greek school leaving certificate) 19/20 plus pass Ielts with 7 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in each component. Overall, I believe that it is a reasonable offer and certainly an achievable too. Unfortunately, A-levels and GCSE's have been cancelled, but even so, my predicted grades are good enough to ensure my entry at the University of Glasgow.
Alright , thank you for your answer . I really like Glasgow and will definitely place it as my first choice if they send me an offer .

How are you feeling about A levels being cancelled? Which uni do you like the most so far ? Have you looked at their accommodation ?
Ahmed788
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Guys I’m about to send my ucas form now.Just have to select unis for my ppe course.My grades are AAC.Please help me send applications to those where I’ll get accepted and they should be decent ones.I’ve check almost all the Russel group unis and their ppe courses.I have an excellent personal statement aswell.Please help.The ones I have in my mind are Kings,Soas,Manchester,Royol Halloway,Birmingham
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ahmed788)
Guys I’m about to send my ucas form now.Just have to select unis for my ppe course.My grades are AAC.Please help me send applications to those where I’ll get accepted and they should be decent ones.I’ve check almost all the Russel group unis and their ppe courses.I have an excellent personal statement aswell.Please help.The ones I have in my mind are Kings,Soas,Manchester,Royol Halloway,Birmingham
What are their required grades? Are your grades achieved or predictions? Which subjects? What subject is the C in?
Ahmed788
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
What are their required grades? Are your grades achieved or predictions? Which subjects? What subject is the C in?
The C is in economics.But I had an A in AS level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (83)
41.5%
The paper was reasonable (91)
45.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
7.5%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.5%

Watched Threads