Scared about my mental health (CORONAVIRUS)

Watch
georginaccarver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey all,

Recently I’ve been a lot more active on TSR since the whole Coronavirus outbreak, and I think it’s because here I feel the biggest connection with people - given all the isolation we feel these days.
I’m a year 13 student, and as you are all aware our exams have been cancelled. Prior to year 13 I struggled in waves, with my mental health but I always managed to come back with confidence. After the announcement of schools closing and exams being cancelled, I have had this overwhelming feeling of anxiety, and worried ness that I won’t spend these next 6 months of ‘holiday’ well, and will not take time to get back into track.
I’ve tried to get into things, such as Yoga for example, and I think it’s helping me realise that I need to start giving myself some love, and shut away from the world a bit.
But I was wondering if anyone else was feeling this way? And if anyone had any tips?
But I’d also just like this thread to be a place where we can all talk about stuff like this, and help and build on eachother - like try and send positive vibes in such an unprecedented time

Thank you for reading!!! 🙂
Blueclueless
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by georginaccarver)
Hey all,

Recently I’ve been a lot more active on TSR since the whole Coronavirus outbreak, and I think it’s because here I feel the biggest connection with people - given all the isolation we feel these days.
I’m a year 13 student, and as you are all aware our exams have been cancelled. Prior to year 13 I struggled in waves, with my mental health but I always managed to come back with confidence. After the announcement of schools closing and exams being cancelled, I have had this overwhelming feeling of anxiety, and worried ness that I won’t spend these next 6 months of ‘holiday’ well, and will not take time to get back into track.
I’ve tried to get into things, such as Yoga for example, and I think it’s helping me realise that I need to start giving myself some love, and shut away from the world a bit.
But I was wondering if anyone else was feeling this way? And if anyone had any tips?
But I’d also just like this thread to be a place where we can all talk about stuff like this, and help and build on eachother - like try and send positive vibes in such an unprecedented time

Thank you for reading!!! 🙂
I feel this way a lot I think it’s a symptom of anxiety/depression which I have both of yay 😂

My recommendation is definitely make a big effort to eat better as I’ve been massively paranoid about gaining weight during the isolating period also yoga is brilliant I definitely recommend doing some small workouts at like push-ups or situps.

Also as hard as it could be really maintained a good sleep schedule is tempting as it can be to stay up until one every night because you don’t have anywhere to be the next day don’t do it I’ve been doing that for the past couple days and honestly I feel like crap I’m trying to fix up my sleep schedule now and I’m feeling much better from it.

I also work on things academically even if I don’t have any work I’ve been working on bullet journals for when I go to uni and that kind of thing just something to keep me occupied
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're not alone, pretty much everyone has to shut themselves away now because of the pandemic. I mean I'm used to being by myself but I tell you, it gets worse when you actually do have symptoms like I did
georginaccarver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Blueclueless)
I feel this way a lot I think it’s a symptom of anxiety/depression which I have both of yay 😂

My recommendation is definitely make a big effort to eat better as I’ve been massively paranoid about gaining weight during the isolating period also yoga is brilliant I definitely recommend doing some small workouts at like push-ups or situps.

Also as hard as it could be really maintained a good sleep schedule is tempting as it can be to stay up until one every night because you don’t have anywhere to be the next day don’t do it I’ve been doing that for the past couple days and honestly I feel like crap I’m trying to fix up my sleep schedule now and I’m feeling much better from it.

I also work on things academically even if I don’t have any work I’ve been working on bullet journals for when I go to uni and that kind of thing just something to keep me occupied
(Original post by hello_shawn)
You're not alone, pretty much everyone has to shut themselves away now because of the pandemic. I mean I'm used to being by myself but I tell you, it gets worse when you actually do have symptoms like I did
Thank you, yeah I do think we are all feeling like this for sure I just can't find much motivation at all lol
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tbh so do I, gym's have only been shut since yesterday and that was my happy place. The gym is what helps me deal with my mental health on a daily basis. It's where I could have some me time and see mates from time to time and now I just feel horrible, bored, don't feel like eating because I'm worried i'll gain weight. My parents can leave and go wherever and I don't even have the slightest freedom as a 19 year old. I just feel lonely as f**k and I want to get out of here. I've had enough of this sh** and its barely begun.

Sorry about my rant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.12%
No (69)
39.88%

Watched Threads